Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Kaiserlicher Marine Sabel by W.K.& C.

Article about: This saber i bought a few months ago. It has an ivory grip with a few loose wires Leather is in great condition, etching in decent shape, on the back of the blade the "Officiers Verein

?

Default Kaiserlicher Marine Sabel by W.K.& C.

This saber i bought a few months ago.
    It has an ivory grip with a few loose wires
    Leather is in great condition, etching in decent shape, on the back of the blade the "Officiers Verein Berlin" is mentioned.
    Nicely marked with the kinght and Kings head on the blade.
    The Officer had his name engraved on the lock plate.
    Enjoy the pics
    Cheers,
    Ger
    Kaiserlicher Marine Sabel by W.K.& C.Kaiserlicher Marine Sabel by W.K.& C.Kaiserlicher Marine Sabel by W.K.& C.Kaiserlicher Marine Sabel by W.K.& C.Kaiserlicher Marine Sabel by W.K.& C.Kaiserlicher Marine Sabel by W.K.& C.Kaiserlicher Marine Sabel by W.K.& C.Kaiserlicher Marine Sabel by W.K.& C.Kaiserlicher Marine Sabel by W.K.& C.Kaiserlicher Marine Sabel by W.K.& C.Kaiserlicher Marine Sabel by W.K.& C.Kaiserlicher Marine Sabel by W.K.& C.Kaiserlicher Marine Sabel by W.K.& C.Kaiserlicher Marine Sabel by W.K.& C.

Default Re: Kaiserlicher Marine Sabel by W.K.& C.

Good looking sword you have there.

Quote by Richie B View Post
    Good looking sword you have there.
    I completely agree. Great sword.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Very nice Ger!
    I had the opportunity to examine one of these in person a few years ago. Ivory handle and all.
    Congrats on a great pick-up!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thats a beauty!!!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Wow!!!

Hello,

a very attractive saber of the german imperial navy as used by officers and upper rank NCO's
    These private purchase sabers are usually of very high quality with ivory grips and sometimes damascus blades
    One thing to tell about this example is that the "portepee" is not corresponding to the period, as it seems to be one of WW2 kriegsmarine, made of synthetic material called "celleon"

The correct "portepee" is supposed to be made of silver plated copper wire with intertwined red and black threads

?

I know its not an imperial portepee , but after 1918 a lot of these sabers stayed in action, only changing the portepee into a standard one.

This portepee has been on this sword for ages, it shows its wear on the right spots.
    there are lots of period mid 20s pics to prove it.
    Forgot tis one picture:
    Kaiserlicher Marine Sabel by W.K.& C.