Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kolonialabzeichen

Article about: Gents, It has been far too long in not being here amongst you! My apologies! My job has a way of taking me away from reality and certainly prevents me from fulfilling my enjoyment of collect

Default Kolonialabzeichen

Gents,

It has been far too long in not being here amongst you! My apologies!

My job has a way of taking me away from reality and certainly prevents me from fulfilling my enjoyment of collecting Military.

Well, none the less I happened to make a recent purchase and was hoping that I have not bitten he reproduction bullet.

Ease in gently with the truth... I'm scared.. lol

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Joel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kolonialabzeichen   Kolonialabzeichen  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kolonialabzeichen
    P
    Many

Sorry for the spelling error on the thread.

I think I see a problem with right side of the medal showing a mistake (reproduction alert?)

The pin assembly looks good as compared to the other that was posted. (Still staying optimistic)

anyone?

CBH
    ?

Please be patient , this is a rare area of collecting , but I do feel someone should be able to help .

Thank you Chris.

CBH
    ?

No problem , there is a wide variety of knowledge on this fine forum .

You'll usually get an answer in time , and the best thing is it's the right answer .

Good luck .

Wish I could help but I have no experience with these at all.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Maybe this info is helpful to you, even thou you might already have made your own research.

The frontal part of the award does not look as "crisp" as the examples i see on the www, but well, that could be age or wear or the picture quality. The rear looks perfect to me.
    And.. is this such a desirable a

have you seen the pictures of the award in use ?

KOLONIALABZEICHEN / ELEFANTENORDEN

This badge was donated by the Reconstruction Ministry ("Wiederaufbauministerium") in 1922, for all who were active during the world war in the colonies and in the interest of the colonies. The issue or award was issued by the Reconstruction Ministry. As of December 31, 1935, the award was given by the Federal Foreign Office. Only the approval for the purchase was granted. From January 1936, the badge was conferred in exceptional cases by the Führer and Reichskanzler. There are versions in non-ferrous silver plated metal or rarely in aluminum. About 8000 were issued
    The design is by the sculptor Moebius from Berlin-Wilmersdorf and has been protected under his name.

Front:

In the lower part up to edge 2 bound oak branches.
    On the oak leaves siting a wide border inside and out bounded by a line.
    On the Scripture: - SOUTH - AFRICA - KIAUTSCHOU - bettween the words one star each.
    In the enclosed field, an elephant with a raised trunk and a leg.
    Right to the edge in the background a palm tree whose branches reach to the edge.
    On top of the badge in the middle a tied loop.

Back:

Smooth with a vertical button.
    Exalted the writing: - GES. - PROTECTED - left, on the right the pattern number - No. 33992 -
    Attached Images Attached Images Kolonialabzeichen 

KolonialabzeichenThis here is also quite interesting..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast