Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kyffhauser Commemorative medal?

Article about: Can any one please tell me the correct name for this medal? Thank you. Tom

Default Kyffhauser Commemorative medal?

Can any one please tell me the correct name for this medal? Thank you.
    Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kyffhauser Commemorative medal?   Kyffhauser Commemorative medal?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kyffhauser Commemorative medal?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Kyffhauser Commemorative medal?

Tom, it is a rather nice ''Kyffhauser-Ehrenkreuz'' or ''The Kyffhauser Cross of Merit'' by H.Timm of Berlin (which is inscribed on the jump ring), instituted after WW1 to honour meritous service in the ''Preussicher Landes Kreigera Verband'' (Prussian war veterans association), equivalant to the British Legion. It shows the Kyffhauser monument, built 1890-96 on the summit of the Kyffhauser mountain in Thuringia. It is missing its double type suspension ring and ribbon, which I show on the attached photograph.
    Attached Images Attached Images Kyffhauser Commemorative medal? 

Thank you very much for the great info!
    Any idea where one can pick up a ribbon?
    Tom

Tom, this is where I got mine from German Ribbon List, (ribbon number GRB112, about £4.00), good quality, usually UV negative, I am sure he Internationally ships (if not, PM me, I can obtain the ribbon and mail to you)... you will struggle, if not ever, finding a genuine ribbon !...ive tried.
    Prost !, Steve.

Thanks Steve

I've found the ribbon for this medal falls in the category of one that easily disintergrates over time.

Sorry, but the name is correct: Ehrenkreuz 2.Klasse des Preussischen Landeskriegerverbandes. It is not a commemorative cross! This cross was awarded for outstanding service in the prussian veteran association. Second class on a band, first class in gold with a clasp. And it is not awarded by the Reichskriegerbund! The prussian veteran association was one of six different veteran association (Preussen, Baden, Sachsen, Bayern, Hessen, Württemberg). In 1921 they build the Reichskriegerbund with full independence of each association.
    Last edited by oradour; 07-23-2010 at 10:16 PM.

Thank you for the info. The veteran's associations are way confusing.
    Tom

Quote by debbi082009 View Post
    Sorry, but the name is correct: Ehrenkreuz 2.Klasse des Preussischen Landeskriegerverbandes. It is not a commemorative cross! This cross was awarded for outstanding service in the prussian veteran association. Second class on a band, first class in gold with a clasp. And it is not awarded by the Reichskriegerbund! The prussian veteran association was one of six different veteran association (Preussen, Baden, Sachsen, Bayern, Hessen, Württemberg). In 1921 they build the Reichskriegerbund with full independence of each association.
    debbi082009....excuse me, but....nobody said it was a ''commemorative''cross, was something lost in translation ?

Nothing lost in translation. This thread is title "Kyffhauser Commemorative medal?"