Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M 07/10 German field tunic question

Article about: I have this tunic and it looks like was used for a musician, due of shoulders where the cuffs connecting to it looks like had a musician shoulder insignia. The collar is totally different in

?

Default M 07/10 German field tunic question

I have this tunic and it looks like was used for a musician, due of shoulders where the cuffs connecting to it looks like had a musician shoulder insignia. The collar is totally different in color and looks like more violet in color, the ends of the cuffs has traces from a round insignia. The tunic has Kammerstempel 1915 year. Also all the pipings looks more grey to me, but by clear look in the seams it has more bright color and it looks to me more violet, like a sanitaer color.
    Please give thoughts, probably that is a Verkehrstruppen or Train?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M 07/10 German field tunic question   M 07/10 German field tunic question  

M 07/10 German field tunic question   M 07/10 German field tunic question  

Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Default Re: M 07/10 German field tunic question

Dimas, can you post a photograph of the rear, showing the skirt/buttons, I suspect that this is a model 1908 Cavalry waffenrock......3rd Cuirassier Regiment, regimental colours were light blue, and used silver buttons (as opposed to tomback/brass coloured). Several unique features differentiate the Model 1908 and the 07/10 tunic, the model 1908 had a standing collar (I believe that your tunic has had the collar replaced, which was often the case latter in the war) it had Swedish cuffs. The 3rd Cuirassier Regt had its front, rear skirt and cuffs/collar piped in light blue (Train had red piping to front and rear skirt, cuffs and collar were light blue ). Can you take the following measurements....A) length of the rear skirt (08, 21cm long). B) distance, from the waist to the hip pocket (08, 4 to 6 cm ). C) Height of the Swedish style cuffs (08, 8cm). These will help to determine my suspicions, also the 08 has an additional inside pocket with a vertical opening on the left side. As for the "swallows nests" musicians wings, these were fastened to the tunic by several small hooks on the wing fitting into corresponding woven loops on the sleeve/body seam, not sewn into the seam, could this jacket have had its shoulder straps dramatically removed, do the sleeves match up to the body if resewn ?.......the only badge worn on the cuff, would be the "Farrier" a small cloth horseshoe shaped badge in the facing colour (light blue) on the left cuff. Cavalry tunics usually had the hem of the tunic piped in facing colour, is there any evidence of it being removed, or that the tunic has been shortened ?
    Hope this helps,
    Prost ! Steve.
    Last edited by oradour; 12-07-2010 at 11:46 PM.

?

As probably you have seen on the picture where the cuff seams is opened, something was atrtached there, and looks like the "swallow nests" was attached due the abowe parts of the cuffs is unfaded and the cloth looks unworn in these places.
    I attach the pictures you are telling me about. But Swedish cuffs is not 8 cm but 6 cm
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M 07/10 German field tunic question   M 07/10 German field tunic question  

M 07/10 German field tunic question  
    Regards,
    Dimas

Dimas, with this further information, I am sure your tunic is a Model 1908 Cavalry Waffenrock, the measurements confirm this, the measurements for an 07/10 tunic are different (see table below). I believe your tunic has been altered at some time in its life, the standing collar removed and replaced with a fall/fold over type collar, this could of been done late war, as fashion sometimes dictates, i.e. to imitate the apple green coller of the "new" M15 Bluse, the body of the tunic has been shortened, hence no piped hemline, so the cuffs were probably shortened at the same time to suit the wearers stature. Indeed, Cuirassier Drummers and trumpeteers did wear musicians wings (Swallows nests), but I have never seen them attached this way.....the piping looks to me to be light blue when maufactured, there is no purple/violet piped tunics.all in all a very nice tunic, which would not take much work to return to its former glory.
    Model 07/10. / Model 08
    Collar, fold over type. / Standing collar
    Cuffs, all types used./ Swedish cuffs (or simplified)
    Rear skirt, 32cm long./ 21cm long
    Hip pocket, 8-10cm below waist./ 4-6cm below waist
    07/10 fitted with both hooks(side) and buttons(rear)./ 08 fitted with rear support buttons only. (for equipment support)

Hope this has helped in the identification of this tunic.
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Thank you Steve, then it's more interest tunic than I thought, and 700 eur I've paid for it looks bargain then
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

Damn Dimas you can fall into a pile of horse crap and come up smelling like a rose every time. way to go
    SteveR

?

Regards,
    Dimas

Dimas, great price !.......do a bit of work on it and you will more than double your money !.....1500-2000 Euros at least !
    Prost ! Steve.