Become our sponsor and display your banner here

M-18 Stahlhelm

Article about: Just showing off my collection guys as they are not appreciated by the wife . This helmet still has its factory applied paint. Part of the leather chin strap is a replacement with the origin

Default M-18 Stahlhelm

Just showing off my collection guys as they are not appreciated by the wife . This helmet still has its factory applied paint. Part of the leather chin strap is a replacement with the original metal coupling re attached. The other part of the leather chin strap is original with makers mark and stamp but in very brittle condition. The helmet has very clear black ink stamps in very good condition as you can see in the photos (Berlin 18 and 64). It also has lettering and numbers in white possibly a regiment ID??? This is only the second posting of my helmet collection 54 more to go
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	65.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	245.0 KB 
ID:	224441   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	66.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	250.5 KB 
ID:	224442  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	67.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	243.4 KB 
ID:	224443   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	68.jpg 
Views:	334 
Size:	233.6 KB 
ID:	224444  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	69.jpg 
Views:	348 
Size:	255.3 KB 
ID:	224445   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	70.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	260.1 KB 
ID:	224446  

Default Re: M-18 Stahlhelm

Welcome to the Imperial sub forum Redstalker....a very nice M18, a depot refurbished one, judging by the "64" stencil on the inside rear skirt...what are the maker marks ? the other markings I would say are for "Kaiser Alexander Garde-Grenadier-Regt. Nr.1 " garrisoned at Berlin, part of the Garde-Korps. 54 more to go ! all Imperial ?....thanks for showing this rather nice Stahlhelm !
    Prost ! Steve.
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

Quote by oradour View Post
    Welcome to the Imperial sub forum Redstalker....a very nice M18, a depot refurbished one, judging by the "64" stencil on the inside rear skirt...what are the maker marks ? the other markings I would say are for "Kaiser Alexander Garde-Grenadier-Regt. Nr.1 " garrisoned at Berlin, part of the Garde-Korps. 54 more to go ! all Imperial ?....thanks for showing this rather nice Stahlhelm !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Thank you for that piece of information. I can now put a label on it . The helmet has the makers mark of BF 64 stamped into the inside skirt of the helmet. I also noticed something as well WERNER in white but very faint. Sorry no not all Imperial. I have a Saxon Pickelhaube and the rest of my collection varies from 1916 to the present day but mainly concentrate on WW1 and WW2.
    Last edited by Redstalker; 07-24-2011 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Update of information on this helmet.

Hi Red stalker,
    Very nice helmet and in the small size to love it, thanks for showing it and i look forward to seeing more of your collection.
    dave.

Quote by Redstalker View Post
    I have a Saxon Pickelhaube and the rest of my collection varies from 1916 to the present day but mainly concentrate on WW1 and WW2.
    Redstalker, please, show the Pickelhaube, I have an M15 Saxon PIckelhaube (grey metal fittings)..... it would be nice to see another !
    Prost ! Steve.
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

Very nice helmet,I like it.
    Good helmet to have in your collection.
    Chris