Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M16/17 Camo lid BF64 - No liner

Article about: Thanks for the comments, glad you guys like it. I would have been certain it was a 4 but I can see why it could be a 2 as well. I did also see the numbers stamped into the dome as well, thou

Default M16/17 Camo lid BF64 - No liner

Well finally had enough sun here to take a couple of pics of the lid. Got it in earlier this week, going to be staying in my collection. Nice camo pattern with afew paint runs. Air vents have been blocked with a little rolled up piece of paper.

This is my first WW1 german lid and quite happy with it
    M16/17 Camo lid BF64 - No linerM16/17 Camo lid BF64 - No linerM16/17 Camo lid BF64 - No linerM16/17 Camo lid BF64 - No linerM16/17 Camo lid BF64 - No linerM16/17 Camo lid BF64 - No liner

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16/17 Camo lid BF64 - No liner
    P
    Many

Default Re: M16/17 Camo lid BF64 - No liner

Super nice,great helmet for anyone collection.

Chris

?

Great helmet friend.
    SteveR

Volksjager, superb Stahlhelm ! I really like this one !..it is of course an M16 shell, the M17 comes into the equation when a metal liner band is fitted, but as yours is missing its liner we will never know what was originally fitted....do not remove the "rolled paper" in the vents, this is a period thing done by German soldiers during the Great War to stop the wind whistling through the vents ! I have even seen mud pushed in to block them up.....again a super looking camo helmet, thanks for showing ! Are there any markings in the helmet ?
    Prost ! Steve.

A good honest camo lid. Nice to see.

Cheers, Ade.

Im starting to take interest in these ww1 helmets, i think will get one for my collection.

What are your opinions on this one`s paint?
    Thanks
    Cheers.
    Nuno
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M16/17 Camo lid BF64 - No liner   M16/17 Camo lid BF64 - No liner  

M16/17 Camo lid BF64 - No liner   M16/17 Camo lid BF64 - No liner  

M16/17 Camo lid BF64 - No liner  

Quote by oradour View Post
    Volksjager, superb Stahlhelm ! I really like this one !..it is of course an M16 shell, the M17 comes into the equation when a metal liner band is fitted, but as yours is missing its liner we will never know what was originally fitted....do not remove the "rolled paper" in the vents, this is a period thing done by German soldiers during the Great War to stop the wind whistling through the vents ! I have even seen mud pushed in to block them up.....again a super looking camo helmet, thanks for showing ! Are there any markings in the helmet ?
    Prost ! Steve.
    I see what appears to be 'BF 62'? And I totally agree with Steve. You have a SUPER looking camo helmet.

Anton

Anton, what good eyes you have ! I magnified, and indeed it does look to be "BF 62". Volksjager thats the maker mark for "F.C. Bellinger" of Fulda, they made sizes 62,64 only. Nuno, not so keen on the helmet you show....painted cammo type helmet that appears to have pitting painted over, not a good sign, always suspicious when the interior doesnt match the exterior to at least a degree, meaning, fully painted exterior, fully rusted interior, unless this M16 shell is cheap, I would look for another.
    Prost ! Steve.

Quote by oradour View Post
    Anton, what good eyes you have ! I magnified, and indeed it does look to be "BF 62". Volksjager thats the maker mark for "F.C. Bellinger" of Fulda, they made sizes 62,64 only. Nuno, not so keen on the helmet you show....painted cammo type helmet that appears to have pitting painted over, not a good sign, always suspicious when the interior doesnt match the exterior to at least a degree, meaning, fully painted exterior, fully rusted interior, unless this M16 shell is cheap, I would look for another.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Thanks oradour, as always you are a expert on this matter, its not cheap, its 125euros+ shippment.
    Ill look for another.
    Thanks.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast