Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M16 Camo Relic Shell

Article about: My first foray into Imperial militaria is this rather nice M16 camo shell. This example was part of a large find recovered from a waterlogged refuse pit in France some 2 years ago. The marki

Default M16 Camo Relic Shell

My first foray into Imperial militaria is this rather nice M16 camo shell. This example was part of a large find recovered from a waterlogged refuse pit in France some 2 years ago. The markings are unclear but seem to be legible to the extent that a size of 66 can be determined. One chinstrap bale is still rusted firmly in place and the liner band is also present as are of course the liner pins. I find the odd camoflage pattern (by WW2 standards) to be quite attractive and distinctive. I hope you like it as much as I do!

M16 Camo Relic Shell

M16 Camo Relic Shell

M16 Camo Relic Shell

M16 Camo Relic Shell

M16 Camo Relic Shell

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 Camo Relic Shell
    P
    Many

I really like it too, Glenn! That camo pattern is awesome! I'm glad you were able to pick this one up.

Luke

Nice one Glenn
    a nice M16 cammo.................is this from the pit that had a large amount of "cut out ear" Cavalry type M18 helmets ?
    Prost ! Steve.

?

I like the lid a lot. Congrats. Camo with envy here.

I like that. With the 100th anniversary approaching, I'm beginning to feel myself being drawn toward a new field of collecting.

Martin

Quote by oradour View Post
    Nice one Glenn
    a nice M16 cammo.................is this from the pit that had a large amount of "cut out ear" Cavalry type M18 helmets ?
    Prost ! Steve.
    I believe so, yes. Now I need a nice Pickelhaube to compliment it.

Really nice helmet there.

Do you use anything to help preserve the camo paint, or helmet in general?

I remember when these were found. I emailed him about several I really liked but all were spoken for, so I gave up, lol. You got yourself a nice one, Glenn.

Quote by Friedland View Post
    Really nice helmet there.

Do you use anything to help preserve the camo paint, or helmet in general?
    I'm pretty sure the original finder coated the shells in linseed oil. Personally I would have used just renaissance wax but what's done is done, I don't think the linseed oil can be removed now without damage to the underlying paint.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the original finder coated the shells in linseed oil. Personally I would have used just renaissance wax but what's done is done, I don't think the linseed oil can be removed now without damage to the underlying paint.
    Cheers. Linseed Oil is what I used on mine too, didn't know about it damaging the paintwork on removal though. I'll take your tip on renaissance wax for the next one!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast