Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

M16 mail home helmet

Article about: Hey guys, I picked up this helmet from Dave Shirlin earlier this week and just wanted to get your opinions. Thanks in advance. Annoyed from this ads?  

That's a very nice addition for your collection, congratulations! Thanks for sharing photos of it with us!

All the Best,

Alan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 mail home helmet
    P
    Many

stellar. Nicely unique. I love helmets like this that have stand out features. thanks for sharing.

Quote by Hoss View Post
    Hello
    Very nice helmet congratulations but I doubt the chinstrap is original to the helmet in my experience they are too late for the war and its been added later.
    Why would a 1918 marked chinstrap be too late for the war? 1918 had 11 months of war.

?

That's a great helmet as the others already have said.
    The chinstrap is one for a Friedenshelm... a pickelhaube, Tschako or Tschapka that was made to fit the future Friedensuniform to be worn in peace time after the war. It's a rare chinstrap actually, but I think it didn't come together with this helmet. Maybe you can trade it with someone who's in need for a chinstrap like this...

Adler

?

Hello Karel
    I'll tell a friend who bought my last one blimey keep it quiet I may find another!

Eric

Very interesting. Thanks for the info Adler.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3