Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M16 From The Meuse Argonne

Article about: Looks like shell/grenade damage with a few small arms hits for good measure...they must have really been ticked off at this guy.

Default M16 From The Meuse Argonne

Hello guys , this is one of my favorite helmets , i picked it up a few months back and as i do with all my new pieces gave it a real good look over .While studing it closely i saw some words scratched in the paint on the side of the helmet , i got a maginifing glass and was stunned at what it read
    He got sgt
    And he got corp
    But we got him
    Pt Rosen
    131 Inf
    I contacted the the guy i bought the helmet from in the states , he owned it for 25 years and never new it was there , iv since done a little research and have found the 131Inf was in the Argonne at this time , i have writen to a guy in the states that knows alot about division ect with pics and info and are waiting to here back from him , cheers Raymond
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M16 From The Meuse Argonne   M16 From The Meuse Argonne  

M16 From The Meuse Argonne   M16 From The Meuse Argonne  

M16 From The Meuse Argonne   M16 From The Meuse Argonne  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 From The Meuse Argonne
    P
    Many

Default Re: M16 From The Meuse Argonne

Raymond, you have excellent collecting interests. This is the most incredible helmet that I have ever seen. To have that history scratched into the surface is just phenomenal!! I am very jealous (but in a good way )
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Raymond, What a find, if you could link up Pvt. or Pete Rosen with the 131 st it would be incredible. Would be great to hear how you make out. You can go so many ways with this one. Good Luck, John

Thank you guys , yes it is a very specail helmet , i wait every day for a return letter from the states hopeing for some more info , i will definitely let you know what if any info comes my way , cheers guys , Raymond

?

Great piece of history.
    Steve

Superb!

Cheers, Ade.

I agree with what the other guys have said It really is a fantastic, thought provoking helmet with the history scratched onto it

Thanks

Dannny

Fantastic helmet.
    Judging from the number of holes in it, they made sure
    that they really "got him".
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Good looking helmet, Raymond. Congratulations.

Quote by ironcross1 View Post
    Thank you guys , yes it is a very specail helmet , i wait every day for a return letter from the states hopeing for some more info , i will definitely let you know what if any info comes my way , cheers guys , Raymond
    This is a very nice helmet,I love the info on .Good find 100% from Meuse Argonne love it.Battle damage helmets are just great ,it just give you what soldier had to deal with.The damage is it from a shell?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast