Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M16 replaced liner?

Article about: The third item of the night, I had to pass on crates of uniforms + gear, and a few more other German lids do to my lack of \\$\\$\\$. I think it is of German production and is stamped ET__ maybe 6

Default M16 replaced liner?

The third item of the night, I had to pass on crates of uniforms + gear, and a few more other German lids do to my lack of $$$.

I think it is of German production and is stamped ET__ maybe 64?

The liner looks like a post war addition, would it be recommended to remove it?

thanks in advance

M16 replaced liner?M16 replaced liner?M16 replaced liner?M16 replaced liner?M16 replaced liner?M16 replaced liner?M16 replaced liner?
    Last edited by AmericanKraut; 02-06-2014 at 07:32 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 replaced liner?
    P
    Many

?

Well a M16 with that liner system could indicate a "transitional". Ie a M16 refurbished in the 1930's for reissue to the fledgling whermacht

I would think it if it had a different paint scheme but it appears to have original paint from WWI, correct me if I am wrong? Although it looks like there may be a layer of paint underneath?

?

These lids were reissued all during the war, and served in all theatres...second line troops used them and front line as well if supplies were getting desperate! Also issued in the later stages to volksturm and other forces.....so it's possible it's been repainted during the period

The metal liner band looks Very well seated and fitted. It could very well be an arsenal rework. I think it looks fine.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks for the info gents, I thought it looked like someone put it in recently. I have only owned one more helmet before tonight so experienced advice is appreciated.

Hi Ben. It's a nice lid the way it is now - the way it came
    to you - I'd leave her just as she is.........
    Regards,

Steve.

don't mess with it.HANDS OFF.

that was rather abrupt

It looks ok to me too... I wouldn't mess with it under the assumption that it was wrong to find out later it was ok! That would be a tough pill to swallow. Also, I have a transitional helmet, where it looks like it got a quick spray of paint under the lugs, and some decals applied. I don't think they went all out to paint these. I like it!