Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

M17 Cammo helmet from 'Warrelics.com'.

Article about: Gents, heres my latest buy, after checking out 'Warrelics.com' in the States, via this forum, when a member asked if the site/dealer was good, (thanks yuengling325 !) I took the plunge and b

Default M17 Cammo helmet from 'Warrelics.com'.

Gents, heres my latest buy, after checking out 'Warrelics.com' in the States, via this forum, when a member asked if the site/dealer was good, (thanks yuengling325 !) I took the plunge and bought this M17 helmet, finished in cammo colours, not quite as regulations stated, i.e. it should have had a 'finger width' black line painted on to seperate the individual colours, but as you can see this one just has seperate blocks of colour applied. I have seen many types of period applied cammo, as regs were commonly flouted. When it arrived I duly inspected it, it is marked 'GL66' made by 'Gebruder Gnuchtel, Lauter, Sachsen (Saxony), not a common maker, indeed records up to date, show that this firm only made size 62/64, these records can now be updated !....the helmet is typically marked with a heating lot code on inside crown, 'Bi 590' indicating that the steel used in the manufacture of this helmet was made at the rolling mill at 'Oberschlesien, Bismackhutte'. In my view it is an original M17 not only because the M16 shell is fitted with a metal liner band, (sadly the leather pads have rotted away, there are traces of leather in the band), but it is a late production from 'Gebruder Gnuchtel' as they, in later production, changed their mm from 'G' to 'GL'. It looks like a former owner has affixed a fake decal to it at sometime in its life, these traces will be removed ! By the way Warrelics.com is run by Richard J Williams, who i found to be a good/honest/reliable dealer ! and will use again !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M17 Cammo helmet from 'Warrelics.com'.   M17 Cammo helmet from 'Warrelics.com'.  

M17 Cammo helmet from 'Warrelics.com'.   M17 Cammo helmet from 'Warrelics.com'.  

Last edited by oradour; 05-19-2010 at 09:00 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M17 Cammo helmet from 'Warrelics.com'.
    P
    Many

Default Re: M17 Cammo helmet from 'Warrelics.com'.

I have bought some stuff from them before.No problem with them just little hight on the prices.You have a great helmet I am still trying to get a camo one for a good price.Original camo helmets from ww1 are hard to find.

?

Very nice lid and glad I could bring the site to your attention (purely by accident that I found it, though)! Our anniversary is coming up in July and the wife is going to "let" me order a few items from the site......Glad to see that I can order with confidence and that the items I pick up may exceed my expectations!

A nice lid, Oradour!

Good dealers should be supported, as there are so many
    dishonest crooks out there..............
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    A nice lid, Oradour!

Good dealers should be supported, as there are so many
    dishonest crooks out there..............
    Thanks lads !...Walkwolf, never a truer word spoke, they are few and far between ! We are quick to bemoan dealers, slow to praise.

...........He is a bit high priced, IMO !
    You have to pay if you want the 'real deal'.

Interesting to see what he has, seems like pretty good stuff, from what I looked at.
    I might give him a try - throw some business his way one day..........!
    Regards,

Steve.

A real beauty...

The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood.
    Otto von Bismarck

?

i love it`s appearance
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Lovely example!
    Too bad the liner was missing though..
    Congratulations