Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

M17 helmet... a recent addition.

Article about: A rather nice example of an M17 helmet which I recently acquired. There is a good percentage of the original colour still present, and the camera reveals a hint of other colours - although s

Default M17 helmet... a recent addition.

A rather nice example of an M17 helmet which I recently acquired. There is a good percentage of the original colour still present, and the camera reveals a hint of other colours - although some of it might just be rust-staining.

M17 helmet... a recent addition.M17 helmet... a recent addition.M17 helmet... a recent addition.M17 helmet... a recent addition.M17 helmet... a recent addition.M17 helmet... a recent addition.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M17 helmet... a recent addition.
    P
    Many

Nice lid! I'm seeing some green possibly under the brown?

Looks like a nice original unmessed with helmet

In hand it actually looks different to the photographs. The greater proportion of the colour is a dark green with a lighter green painted over the top. There are signs of paint-runs on the outside, but none to the interior. I'm not entirely sure whether this has been a camouflaged helmet though, it certainly wasn't sold as one.

Cheers,
    Steve.

Steve, a nice example of an M17, great to have most of its original liner present especially those "white" liner flaps, are the cushions present on the reverse ? Shell has what I would call a heavy patina !
    BF64 a small sized shell made by "F.C. Bellinger, Fulda" (They only made sizes 62 & 64)....whats the letters & numbers on the inside of the crown ?
    Prost ! Steve.

Quote by oradour View Post
    whats the letters & numbers on the inside of the crown ?
    Prost ! Steve.
    Hi Steve, no actual stamps to the crown, but the liner band has an ink stamp - see attached pictures, click on to enlarge. There are no pads present, and I would agree with you about the heavy patina - but there is actually a fair amount of original paint remaining. After wiping the dust out of the inside of the helmet there was evidence of more paint-runs, but these are all totally period-original!

Cheers,
    Steve.

M17 helmet... a recent addition.M17 helmet... a recent addition.

?

Nice one!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Nice example, I like the patina, looks totally un-messed with!.
    Regards, John.

A very nice find and great to see Steve (Oradour) back here and posting!...

cracker.............my missus thinks that they all look the same...............how wrong can she be !! Each one has it's own unique personality and this one is no exception.

cheers

Tony