Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M17 Leather Gas Mask

Article about: Hello! I would like to share my newest WWI acquisition: a Lederschutzmaske! No can unfortunately, but this is in pretty good shape. Leather is very supple and overall seems to be in great sh

Default M17 Leather Gas Mask

Hello!

I would like to share my newest WWI acquisition: a Lederschutzmaske! No can unfortunately, but this is in pretty good shape. Leather is very supple and overall seems to be in great shape for its age. It's the first one I've handled and could not pass it up! Filter is dated 4 Oct. 1918 and this retains the string on the front.

Lots of numbers marked on the leather and straps. Can anyone help figure out what they mean? I'm assuming it was reissued a few times with all these stamps!

All comments and feedback are most welcomed! Thank you for looking!
    -Johannes

M17 Leather Gas MaskM17 Leather Gas MaskM17 Leather Gas MaskM17 Leather Gas MaskM17 Leather Gas Mask
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M17 Leather Gas Mask   M17 Leather Gas Mask  

Attached Images Attached Images M17 Leather Gas Mask  M17 Leather Gas Mask 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M17 Leather Gas Mask
    P
    Many

Default Re: M17 Leather Gas Mask

Realy nice!!!!

?

Very nice piece! Congrats!

A really nice piece, these are getting rare now....it will be easier to find a can for it, than to find a mask ! They came in three sizes if I remember rightly , yours looks to be marked "3" inside the mask on photo 7, the other stamps/marks will be store and issue marks, dates etc......
    Prost ! Steve

Very cool. Congrats

As WW1/WW2 gas mask ''lover'' i can only say that this GM-18 ROCKS.I cant inform you about the stamps but i can tell that your filter has a pre-arsenic(i think) filter that can be removable.Can i ask how much you pay for this baby?Thanks

?

Quote by The woodpecker View Post
    As WW1/WW2 gas mask ''lover'' i can only say that this GM-18 ROCKS.I cant inform you about the stamps but i can tell that your filter has a pre-arsenic(i think) filter that can be removable.Can i ask how much you pay for this baby?Thanks
    Sir
    The mask as stated is a nice M17 the '18 didn't have the eye grids the clip on is a march'18 addition for irritants added to the new German gas shells not as some people state 'smoke filter'

Cheers
    Eric

Quote by Unterstand View Post
    Sir,the mask as stated is a nice M17 the '18 didn't have the eye grids the clip on is a march'18 addition for irritants added to the new German gas shells not as some people state 'smoke filter' Cheers. Eric
    Eric is absolutely correct ! a model 1917 leather mask......
    Prost ! Steve.

Hi mates.Yes i typed wrong.Sorry again

Thank you for the positive comments everyone! I am very pleased with this one. It arrived just in time to bring it to my classroom for the tail end of WWI lessons; the students loved seeing the comparison of this one and its US counterpart! I'm hoping to locate a can at some point.

I need to figure out a way to display this; it's slightly too small to fit over a head form. Any suggestions?

Cheers,
    Johannes

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast