Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M17 Stahlhelm with a name; translation needed!

Article about: Hey. This is my Finnish issued M17 stahlhelm. It's been roughly overpainted with a brush, approximately in 1930's by Finnish army. In the inside dome is unpainted areas where original paint

Default M17 Stahlhelm with a name; translation needed!

Hey.

This is my Finnish issued M17 stahlhelm. It's been roughly overpainted with a brush, approximately in 1930's by Finnish army. In the inside dome is unpainted areas where original paint can be found. I was just examining it like I usually do, when I noticed something inside. I looked with a flashlight and saw a name written inside there! How exciting.

I have no idea if it is a Finnish soldiers name, or the previous owners name (these were bought from German army and France's war loot from ww1).

Does anyone understand what it says? It would be tremendously appreciated!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M17 Stahlhelm with a name; translation needed!   M17 Stahlhelm with a name; translation needed!  

M17 Stahlhelm with a name; translation needed!   M17 Stahlhelm with a name; translation needed!  

M17 Stahlhelm with a name; translation needed!   M17 Stahlhelm with a name; translation needed!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M17 Stahlhelm with a name; translation needed!
    P
    Many

?

Hey.
    Fagsio or Fagsia i think.
    Guessing its their last name or nick name?
    Might be the last owners name? It would've crossed out i think by the new owner if a german name was in it?
    My ATC cap was a reissue and has 3 other names all crossed out inside.

?

Looks like it had been an Austrian pattern helmet.

MAP
    ?

Quote by aicusv View Post
    Looks like it had been an Austrian pattern helmet.
    just a question? Why do you feel it is an Austrian M17? I could be wrong, but I always thought the difference between the Austrian M17 and german version was the brownish paint and chin strap (of course not including the maker marks and steel thickness.

thanks

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

The location of the chin strap rivet. It is closer to the rim on the German models, while the Austrian has it nearer the liner position. Also the lack of chin strap lugs on the inside.

MAP
    ?

Quote by aicusv View Post
    The location of the chin strap rivet. It is closer to the rim on the German models, while the Austrian has it nearer the liner position. Also the lack of chin strap lugs on the inside.
    Thanks! I'm still learning on the Austrian M17's. I will have to look at what I think is an Australian M17 Transitional I have. While it's been converted to an M31 liner system, I will compare the rivet location to the German M16's.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)