Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M17 steel helmet, named

Article about: Not so long ago, I was very lucky to find this magnifficent M17 steel helmet. It was produced in 1917 and is marked BF64 (F.C. Bellinger, Fulda, size 64). The helmet is almost in mint condit

?

Default M17 steel helmet, named

Not so long ago, I was very lucky to find this magnifficent M17 steel helmet.
    It was produced in 1917 and is marked BF64 (F.C. Bellinger, Fulda, size 64).
    The helmet is almost in mint condition and still has about 99,5% of its original paint.
    As you can see the painter did a really sloppy paintjob with all the paint runs, maybe it was painted on a monday morning or maybe it just wasn’t that important at that moment (war production)…
    The liner is 100% mint and still has the liner cord and the liner pads; the liner pins are as steady as a rock. On the other hand, this helmet came without the chinstrap…
    As one might think that this helmet was unissued, well… it was issued because in the neck guard the helmet is named to a leutnant of Feldartillerie-Regiment von Peucker (1. Schlesisches) Nr. 6. To bad I can’t decifer the guy’s name, it looks as the name has been rubbed away a bit.
    I sure hope one of you knowledgeable guys can decifer this name and maybe put me on the right track to do a little research on the previous owner of this helmet.
    Thank you in advance for helping me out in that case!

Adler
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M17 steel helmet, named   M17 steel helmet, named  

M17 steel helmet, named   M17 steel helmet, named  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M17 steel helmet, named
    P
    Many

Default Re: M17 steel helmet, named

Adler,

Two perfect pieces of headgear in as many days?? I thought I wouldn't have anything to drool over after seeing your Pickelhaube.

Anton

That is VERY nice. These WWI helmets are great and I hope to purchase one before the year is out.

Josh

?

Thank you very much for your comments gentlemen!

Adler

?

Two possible names have been suggested untill now... Ltn. Gamer and Ltn. Cramer. I hope we'll find out soon...

Adler

Nice lid, Adler! It could be Cramer. Good luck with the name.

Luke

?

Thanks Luke! Meanwhile I'm convinced it's Cramer...

Adler