Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

m84-98 2nd pattern /plus ersatz

Article about: Hello again ,Just incase anyone is intrested in these imperial unit marked bayonets i thought i,d show the last two in my collection .First pic is of a second pattern 84/98 with the unit 24.

?

Default m84-98 2nd pattern /plus ersatz

Hello again ,Just incase anyone is intrested in these imperial unit marked bayonets i thought i,d show the last two in my collection .First pic is of a second pattern 84/98 with the unit 24.D.E.166 which i think is the 24th ersatz dragoons weapon 166,pommal and cross guard as been reblued sometime in the past,2nd pic is of a allmetal ersatz without a scabbard with 2L78 on the cross guard which could be for the Landwehr regiments and a stamping on the ricasso for the Wurttemburg armouries.If you think any of this info is incorrect please let me know.Paul. Sorry 2nd pic is ersatz should be at bottom of page.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture m84-98 2nd pattern /plus ersatz   m84-98 2nd pattern /plus ersatz  

Attached Images Attached Images m84-98 2nd pattern /plus ersatz  m84-98 2nd pattern /plus ersatz  m84-98 2nd pattern /plus ersatz  m84-98 2nd pattern /plus ersatz  m84-98 2nd pattern /plus ersatz  m84-98 2nd pattern /plus ersatz 
    Last edited by paul a; 06-04-2011 at 09:24 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement m84-98 2nd pattern /plus ersatz
    P
    Many

Default Re: m84-98 2nd pattern /plus ersatz

Paul

Good looking bayonets.

The S84/98 is marked for the 24th Dragoon Regiment (Leib-Dragoner-Regiment (2. GroƟherzoglich Hessisches) Nr.24)

I think the "E" is Erstaz (Replacement) but is not the whole regiment but probably the Replacement Squadron.

This link may be interesting - in German but does give you an idea of where the Regiment served in WW1 - and presumably where your bayonet was carried.

DR 24

The Ersatz bayonet marking is interesting.

Assuming it is for the 2nd Landwehr Infantry Regiment, then this was I think the only such regiment to have an honour title - LIR Konig Wilhelm II.

This was bestowed in recognition of the Regiment's brave conduct in the face of the enemy on the Eastern Front. This was awarded in August 1917.

Regards

Richie