Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The madness of E-Bay !

Article about: Gents, I have just watched this rather tatty M10 Feldmutze with out cockades sell for \\$263 (£167).....I have in the past 24 hrs bought an example in better condition from one of my favourite

Default The madness of E-Bay !

Gents, I have just watched this rather tatty M10 Feldmutze with out cockades sell for $263 (£167).....I have in the past 24 hrs bought an example in better condition from one of my favourite dealers for $235 (£150) again with no cockades, and I didnt have to wait 7 days and enter into a bidding frenzy !.. at one time fleabay was a by-word for a bargain (so long as you knew what you were looking at!)....it would appear these days that just checking around the dealers you will probably get an item cheaper, and with comeback, than committing to a deal on an auction site, with a tarnished reputation...by the way, the first three photos are of the e-bay item...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The madness of E-Bay !   The madness of E-Bay !  

The madness of E-Bay !  
    Attached Images Attached Images The madness of E-Bay !  The madness of E-Bay ! 

Default Re: The madness of E-Bay !

Well maybe in this case but certainly not always.

You are correct, in what you say...i have seen some medals worth 20 quid sell for 45, is it that new collectors are willing to pay out alot more....shop around is the answer, for me this is half the fun of collection...i have a small budget, and it feels good to make every euro count...

I agree. Ebay seems to be the place to go if you want to be ripped of in every way, fake helmets, fake awards, fake tinnies some stuff that is at best 'fancy dress' amongst some genuine stuff that you have to have an eagle eye to spot sells for ridiculous prices, and as you say Steve you have to wait 7 days for the privilege.

Talk to "Scrooge" he always finds bargains on Fleabay

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Talk to "Scrooge" he always finds bargains on Fleabay
    That's no joke!! Dave's the man for picking up some of the very best that's going, and that's a fact!! Wish that I had his eye for the right piece for the right money.

If only, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

FeeBay has become the haven of scammers,crooks,noob collectors and all kinds of riff-raff,,,,

it's because of the auction snipe companys out there now too, when I first got on fleabay, I wondered how in the heck did I just lose that when I was ahead by a bit, well then a guy told me all about the scam, he bids on stuff & goes to bed never even turns his computer on, wakes up & he won it. so I'm done with it for good. want to say thanks to Alan Goodyear for the nice German wound badge he sold me. my first one & I felt like it was my birthday when I got it today. thanks again Alan. oh yeah, I even tried that site & still lost, so I cancelled it today. it's not fair play

best wishes
    Marty

Quote by oradour View Post
    Gents, I have just watched this rather tatty M10 Feldmutze with out cockades sell for $263 (£167).....I have in the past 24 hrs bought an example in better condition from one of my favourite dealers for $235 (£150) again with no cockades, and I didnt have to wait 7 days and enter into a bidding frenzy !.. at one time fleabay was a by-word for a bargain (so long as you knew what you were looking at!)....it would appear these days that just checking around the dealers you will probably get an item cheaper, and with comeback, than committing to a deal on an auction site, with a tarnished reputation...by the way, the first three photos are of the e-bay item...
    sorry for the double post, but yours blows the ebay one out of the water.

?

I can agree that ebay is not always the way to go. I think US and UK ebay *****! But here I have gotten some really great stuff and made new freinds who I continue to do business with outside ebay. Alot of my crosses and medal bars came from ebay. I cant count how many times I won something and was asked if I was interested in buying something else the seller had before he sold it on ebay or somewhere else and ended up with a great deal! For everything else theres the flohmarkt where I have also made good contacts.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast