Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Maker's Halmark

Article about: Does anyone recognize this maker's hallmark. It is on this coin which was made sometime in 1916 to commemorate the submarine Deutschland's successful round trip to the US in June-August 1916

Default Maker's Halmark

Does anyone recognize this maker's hallmark. It is on this coin which was made sometime in 1916 to commemorate the submarine Deutschland's successful round trip to the US in June-August 1916. The coin is shown below. Stamped near the rim near the 7 O'clock position is the maker's name, which I think was in Nurnberg. Thanks. Dwight
    Maker's Halmark
    This is the Hallmark in question

Maker's Halmark

Maker's Halmark

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Maker's Halmark
    P
    Many

Hello Dwight, nice to see you friend

The maker's mark looks very much like Hermann Aurich, Dresden. A reference book I have shows a very similar symbol, but it is slightly different. Perhaps the maker adjusted his symbol slightly by WW2. I hope this helps.

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Mark: Thanks for that information, which gives me something to work with. Dwight

The medal was made by the German medal makers L.C. Lauer of Nuremburg. The engraver of the piece was noted artist August Hummel, and his cypher can be seen on the medal. He produced other such medals for Lauer including ones with images of Admiral Scheer, Admiral Count von Spee and Kapitan Leutnant Otto von Weddingen.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Ned: Thanks for that specific information. Excellent! Dwight