Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Medal identification and considerations

Article about: hello picked these up a short while back does anyone have any background on them thank you in advance if you need better pics ect let me know Bryan

Default Medal identification and considerations

hello
    picked these up a short while back does anyone have any backgroundClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6909.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	322.7 KB 
ID:	769294Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6910.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	326.7 KB 
ID:	769296 on them
    thank you in advance
    if you need better pics ect let me know
    Bryan
    What would you know about victory? I killed a she-wolf in her den, armed with only a knife. I escaped the Caughnawaga Indians who sought to burn me alive. And, I was the sole survivor of a shipwreck at the Battle of Havana. So you'll excuse me if I choose not to follow your advice." ―Israel Putnam speaking to a Continental Army officer at the Battle of Bunker Hill.

Prussian red cross medals, original...... Bronze third class (1898-1917) and twenty year long service medal, but swop them around as they are on the wrong ribbons.
    Prost ! Steve.
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

Indeed - Steve is correct on the ID, and that they
    need to be switched around.

The cross and blue/white ribbon is unusual - I'd
    not seen it before, and so in searching found
    the Bavarian 20 Jahre Dienstzeit cross is
    not that common.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks guys!
    What would you know about victory? I killed a she-wolf in her den, armed with only a knife. I escaped the Caughnawaga Indians who sought to burn me alive. And, I was the sole survivor of a shipwreck at the Battle of Havana. So you'll excuse me if I choose not to follow your advice." ―Israel Putnam speaking to a Continental Army officer at the Battle of Bunker Hill.

by not common , should i be concerned about this authenticity wise?

No worries, it's good.........
    Regards,

Steve.

For more information on the Prussian Red Cross Medal and additional examples of the decoration, have a look at my thread:

The Prussian Rote-Kreuz-Medaille of 1898