Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Medals

Article about: Dear Members Hope someone can tell me about these medals. The text from medal number two looks like this after google translate: vollenddet ver demobilization of the army meeting at the gren

Default Medals

Dear Members

Hope someone can tell me about these medals. The text from medal number two looks like this after google translate:

vollenddet ver demobilization of the army meeting at the grenzensind. with unparalleled security and strength of the German railroads have the huge transport movement executed. grateful I remember first the manner which created since the 1870/71 war in silent arbeiteine organization that nummehr its serious probe bestandenhat glossy. But all that my call to the railways to meet the enemies throw line in particular the railway headquarters and attorneys machtigten and the German railway authorities by the first staff officers to the last. ch speak for their loyal devotion and agree fillings out of my imperial thanks. achievements to date me eat the safest aware that the iron in the further verlaue of large sampfes creams at all times the highest requirements of the heerfuhrung cope hauptouarther be large. 22 August 1914 William.

Greetings from Martin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Medals   Medals  

Medals   Medals  

Medals   Medals  

Medals   Medals  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medals
    P
    Many

Default Re: Medals

The medal with the yellow ribbon is the Kaiser Wilhelm I Centenary Medal of 1897 and was made from metal from Danish, Austrian and French cannon captured in the wars of 1864,1866 and 1870-71.

Apart from the Sunburst Iron Cross (?), not too sure, The last medal seems to be regimental...6 Rhineland Infantry Regiment No.68, July 1910, but I can't read the rest of the inscription..

Good luck.

P

?

The first medal posted is the Star of the Grand Cross of the Iron Cross, 1914. I believe it was only awarded twice, so I'm pretty sure it's fake. (not to mention, it looks to be in remarkable shape - a little too remarkable. The quality is also poor as well.)

Matthew

Thank both of you.

Interesting story about Kaiser Wilhelm I medal. Good to have the stolen metal back in Denmark

Martin

?

Smile Re: Ribbon Bars...

First, I want to say hello to the gents and ladies on this web site. This is the very first thread I'm doing here so please bear with me. Just a note to get me going here, as I need some information from you experts. I'm a young man at a ripe age of 58, and have retired last year after 35 years working in one company. My father had passed away back in 1982 and I received some bits and pieces of my dad's war time past last year from my mother when she was cleaning stuff up at her home. Of course there wasn't much to start with, but thru some info from different people I got his war time records from the British Ministry of Defense. I have now gotten on order his four British medals that he never got issued. The 1939-45 Star, Italy Star, Defence medal and the War Medal 1939-45. Now he was with the 3rd Company, 6th Rifle Battalion, 3rd Carpathian Infantry Division, 2nd Polish Corp. with the British 8th Army. What I have learned is that he earned the Polish Bronze Cross of Merit with Swords. and he had all the paperwork that earned him the Monte Cassino Cross Medal. What I'm trying to do is make up a display up of his medals and have a written story about those medals and where and what he did to earn them. I want my children and my grand-children to see at least what granpa did in his war time days. I'm getting the bronze Cross of Merit with swords medal from a Prof. Z. Wesolowski, but I'm having a hell of a time to get the little bronze cross swords that go onto the ribbon bar. This is where I need help badly. Can anyone direct me to someone or a web site who may have a set to sell. I've been on e-bay for the last month or two trying to obtain one, with with no luck. I hope someone out there can help me accomplish my mission. Thanks for your time and hope you can help me..............ED