Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Metal Spiky thing #7 Junker 8th K

Article about: Well I picked this up today, the liner, cockades have been replaced, the Bird is Original but for an Infantry helmet and not the larger size this should have, However it is Marked C.E. Junke

?

Default Metal Spiky thing #7 Junker 8th K

Well I picked this up today, the liner, cockades have been replaced, the Bird is Original but for an Infantry helmet and not the larger size this should have, However it is Marked C.E. Junker 1915, size 58 and a K 8 also, so I think I paid a good price for it.

Dean O
    Canada

Metal Spiky thing #7 Junker 8th KMetal Spiky thing #7 Junker 8th KMetal Spiky thing #7 Junker 8th KMetal Spiky thing #7 Junker 8th KMetal Spiky thing #7 Junker 8th KMetal Spiky thing #7 Junker 8th K

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Metal Spiky thing #7 Junker 8th K
    P
    Many

?

Hi Dean,

Please don't shoot the messenger, but imo the liner is a brandnew one and the spike is not for a Kurassier helmet. The spike base appears to be ok...
    I would ask the seller for a refund if I were you...

Adler

?

I am taking it to a large Military show tomarrow and see what the dealers there can tell me about it, better when it is in Hand.

Thank You
    Dean O

?

In Johnson's book, 'Pickelhauben", he shows a M'15 Kurassier helmet with an removable spike, the top part appears to be the same as that for infantry.
    The helmet looks to me to have been restored (overly so) as I believe the spike and base should be in grey finish.

- - ------- - -

In Johnson's book, 'Pickelhauben", he shows a M'15 Kurassier helmet with an removable spike, the top part appears to be the same as that for infantry.
    The helmet looks to me to have been restored (overly so) as I believe the spike and base should be in grey finish.

Dean, a perfectly good Kurassier helm, 1915 model.......not only should the spike and its base be in grey, but the chinstrap mounts and lip around the helmet body, visor and lobster tail bolt heads should be to, the spike as Adler states is not the regulation type for this type of helmet, but I believe were fitted by de fault, I have seen several fitted with this spike and is of no concern to me (even the one Johan Somers shows in his excellent book on uniforms & equipment of the Imperial German Army has this spike fitted !).........the replacement liner would not concern me either if the price was right !
    This helmets in original condition are both rare and expensive a good one over a $1000+
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Thank You. oradour!!!! seversl dealer saw it Saturday..and there was less wrong with it than some said there might have been...however I always want to Thank all of those that do try to help..and I respect their ideas and concepts.

I now understand how important is it is to have better photos, however I have to work with what I have

Thanks to all that have helped me with this one.

Take Care

Dean O