Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Militaer-Verdienstkreuz II Klasse Mecklenburg-Schwerin

Article about: I picked up this Military Merit Cross 2nd Class (Mecklenburg-Schwerin) this morning...I've always liked these and have been on the lookout for quite a while, and it will look great in my col

Default Militaer-Verdienstkreuz II Klasse Mecklenburg-Schwerin

I picked up this Military Merit Cross 2nd Class (Mecklenburg-Schwerin) this morning...I've always liked these and have been on the lookout for quite a while, and it will look great in my collection-display after I add an original ribbon...
    cheers, Glenn
    Attached Images Attached Images Militaer-Verdienstkreuz II Klasse Mecklenburg-Schwerin  Militaer-Verdienstkreuz II Klasse Mecklenburg-Schwerin 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Militaer-Verdienstkreuz II Klasse Mecklenburg-Schwerin
    P
    Many

nice one Glenn.

?

Very nice Glenn...so what colour is the ribbon?? I think I have an idea but I don't want to look a banana brain..Still very nice & well done Cheers Terry.

Thanks Friends...Here's an example with the correct ribbon...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Militaer-Verdienstkreuz II Klasse Mecklenburg-Schwerin  

?

Whoo I was right on the coloured ribbon Glenn ...I impressed myself there...& that doesn't happen very often!! lol.. I think the cross will look good when you have on display..it's a nice catch.... Thanks for showing.. Cheers Terry.

?

I have one without the red/yellow stribes on the ribbon. The ribbon is like the 1870 version of the medal. But the cross is still stamped 1914. Anyone who knows why the ribbon is 1870 and the medal 1914?
    Fred

?

Oh, yes. Here is a picture. It was bought in the 50-ties by an old collector and then sold on to me. The ribbon is silk and it is parade mounted.
    Ohhh Very difficult to upload pics on these pages it seems.... Anyway, you should understand the pattern, if you know the 1870 and 1914 version.
    Hope to get a suggestion from another collector of 1750-1918 German medals.
    Fred

Great Militaer-Verdienstkreuz II Klasse Mecklenburg-Schwerin.
    Very Nice and clean.