Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Military Merit Cross (Bavaria)

Article about: Terry, I have just sold mine ! you can find them on E-Bay, German site preferable, but they show up on the U.S. & U.K. sites, they are about £20. Prost ! Steve.

?

Default Military Merit Cross (Bavaria)

Hello Ladies & Gents here is my latest item for the war room,It is going to sit on the WW1 shelf with all my other bits....I did hear that Adolf Hitler wad awarded one of these but not sure!!!!. Never seen him wearing the medal or ribbon.. Enjoy the pictures Cheers Terry.
    Military Merit Cross (Bavaria)Military Merit Cross (Bavaria)Military Merit Cross (Bavaria)Military Merit Cross (Bavaria)Military Merit Cross (Bavaria)Military Merit Cross (Bavaria)Military Merit Cross (Bavaria)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Military Merit Cross (Bavaria)
    P
    Many

Default Re: Military Merit Cross (Bavaria)

An attractive award that can still be found at an affordable price...I've been thinking of adding one to my collection as well, just waiting for the right one to come along...Congratulations on a nice score!
    cheers, Glenn

?

Cheers Glenn, old Klaus Butshieks has some on his website..or he did have??..I'm thinking of getting the MVK with a crown next!!! & like you say so with most peoples price range....60 odd pounds.....You should get one Glenn I think it would sit nice with a ll your wound badges!!!!!!!.. Cheers Terry.

Quote by Tango View Post
    Hello Ladies & Gents here is my latest item for the war room,It is going to sit on the WW1 shelf with all my other bits....I did hear that Adolf Hitler wad awarded one of these but not sure!!!!. Never seen him wearing the medal or ribbon.
    That's right: Hitler was indeed awarded the Bavarian Militärverdienstkreuz III. Klasse mit Schwertern [Military Merit Cross III. Class with Swords] on 17 September 1917, yet, like his Eisernes Kreuz II. Klasse [Iron Cross II. Class] (awarded 2 Dec. 1914) and his Dienstauszeichnung III. Klasse [Long Service Award III. Class] (awarded on 25 August 1918), he did not wear it.
    From his WWI service, he only wore his Eisernes Kreuz I. Klasse [Iron Cross I. Class] (awarded 4 Aug. 1918) and his Verwundetenabzeichen in schwarz [Wound Badge in Black] (awarded 18 May 1918).

?

HPL2008, Thanks for all that info very interesting..I will have to look up that Dienstauszeichnung III. Klasse now see what that looks like??..Very good of you & thanks again Terry.

?

Hello HPL2008 is one of those awards or am I way off the mark???..Thanks Terry.Military Merit Cross (Bavaria)

Terry...nice medal, boxed is a bonus....there were also peacetime versions of these awards without the swords, and late on in the war they were made from zinc with a grey finish..see here for more information... de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milit%C3%A4rverdienstorden_(Bayern)

Prost ! Steve.

Quote by Tango View Post
    Hello HPL2008 is one of those awards..Thanks Terry.Military Merit Cross (Bavaria)
    Terry....yes, a Bavarian long service award....
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Any idea where we can pick one of these up Steve??.. Im looking now as we speak!! I did see the zinc 1s & wondered why the different colour!!!..Thanks for the info very interesting.. Cheers Terry.

?

Hello Gents & Ladies, heres the BMVK on my WW1 shelf..just thought I would add these snaps... enjoy, Cheers Terry Military Merit Cross (Bavaria)Military Merit Cross (Bavaria)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast