Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Military Merit Cross (Mecklenburg-Schwerin) ???

Article about: Hi guys, I picked this up on holiday, from a general bric a brac shop. I realise it's a Military Merit Cross (Mecklenburg-Schwerin). I also realise that the ribbon is wrong, but is this a la

Default Military Merit Cross (Mecklenburg-Schwerin) ???

Hi guys,

I picked this up on holiday, from a general bric a brac shop. I realise it's a Military Merit Cross (Mecklenburg-Schwerin). I also realise that the ribbon is wrong, but is this a late war zinc verision? I've seen the gilded versions of these, and know they are pretty rare.

Any thoughts if it's real, and if so, what is it worth? I paid £10 UKP so happy at that, even if it's repro.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Military Merit Cross (Mecklenburg-Schwerin) ???   Military Merit Cross (Mecklenburg-Schwerin) ???  

Military Merit Cross (Mecklenburg-Schwerin) ???   Military Merit Cross (Mecklenburg-Schwerin) ???  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Military Merit Cross (Mecklenburg-Schwerin) ???
    P
    Many

Default Re: Military Merit Cross (Mecklenburg-Schwerin) ???

Lenny.......Sorry, but it is a fake...........it looks to me like a cast piece, originals were die stamped, giving a crisper details and quality about them.........
    Prost 1 Steve.

Quote by oradour View Post
    Lenny.......Sorry, but it is a fake...........it looks to me like a cast piece, originals were die stamped, giving a crisper details and quality about them.........
    Prost 1 Steve.
    Cheers... No worries mate, it was in a bric a brac shop in Potter Heigham, Norfolk. I spent a while chatting to the guy and was happy just to buy something... It was sold as a repro, so worth a punt. It's outwith my collecting knowledge so happy enough...

Lenny that's a nice way to take bad news,as he sold it as repro ok,if not Glasgow Kiss time.

Yes, sold as a repro.... I remember buying odds and ends from this guy years ago, and I stayed and chatted for ages. I only bought this as I didn't like to leave without buying anything. Nothing else I fancied...