Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My first helmet from craigslist W68

Article about: It appears that you have found yourself a WWI camo helmet also. Those broad black lines indicate deviders for different colors. Oxacalic acid in powder form mixed with water to a 10% solutio

?

Default Re: My first helmet from craigslist W68

It appears that you have found yourself a WWI camo helmet also. Those broad black lines indicate deviders for different colors.
    Oxacalic acid in powder form mixed with water to a 10% solution is perfect for rusty helmets. It removes the rust and brings back some of the paint color. I believe you have done very well friend.
    Steve

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first helmet from craigslist  W68
    P
    Many

?

Well, I did spray the helmet with Endust; after I sprayed it the original paint and black lines really shows up. I have been told that if I don’t re-spray it every three month or so the rust will come back (will return to the second set of photos).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first helmet from craigslist  W68   My first helmet from craigslist  W68  

My first helmet from craigslist  W68   My first helmet from craigslist  W68  

My first helmet from craigslist  W68  

?

Yes, its looking good, but remember every time you spray it you add another layer , eventually you could end up with it looking as if you had put a lacquer on it,and it could end up looking shiney, so guage how often you need to do it, if at all, good luck with it, cheers dave

gcoleman
    ?

Smile Re: My first helmet from craigslist W68

This is really neat to see this helmet. I just started doing some research today into my family history, and my Dad who is 84 said my great grandfather was owner or co-owner of Weissenberger & Co, and that his factory was converted over from pots & pans, to helmet production for ww1.

What's also interesting is that with the tools in Weissenberger & Co, my great grandfather assisted Daimler Benz to build the first car ever made, and my grandfather who was a young boy got to go for rides on it while they were testing it.

I'm looking for a Weissenberger & Co helmet in any shape.

Previously I went to the Deutches Museum in Munich Germany looking for any clues about our heritage but never thought to look for the helmets -- I was too focused on the first car built that was on display in the museum -- this is really exciting!

Glenn

?

I really love that you got such a cool helmet and a great bargain, congrats!

?

Sorry to double post, but I just found my helmet on craigslist, and I never would have thought to look there if I hadn't seen this thread, thanks a million!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2