Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MY FIRST M16! Off of Craigslist!

Article about: Hi, nice 16 Patt helmet very good find in that condition, it would be nice refurbished and hold it,s price to. And the bonus is it,s german not austrian. thanks for showing it. dave.

?

Default MY FIRST M16! Off of Craigslist!

I just bought this for $65! The kid I bought it from had apparently been helping his uncle tear down an old house and found this as the house was coming down. He had it listed as a "WW2 German helmet", but thanks to this forum, I knew better! I used a little bit of "Bartender's Friend" (a powder cleaner we have here in the states) to take the rust off. I am totally over the moon about this! Christmas came early for me!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MY FIRST M16! Off of Craigslist!   MY FIRST M16! Off of Craigslist!  

MY FIRST M16! Off of Craigslist!   MY FIRST M16! Off of Craigslist!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement MY FIRST M16! Off of Craigslist!
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: MY FIRST M16! Off of Craigslist!

Nice find, great price.
    SteveR

Congrats !
    You did very well...................!
    Regards,

Steve.

doomtown...can you post better (brighter, take them outside in daylight) photographs ? any marks in the helmet ? so we can I.D. the maker ?
    Prost ! Steve.

?

I can probably post better pictures later, but for now, the lip of the helmet says ET66, and in the inside crown, it says "123"

Good catch! Doomtown, now you have caught the fever. welcome.

very good find. Totaly jelly

Great clean

Quote by Franz1944 View Post
    very good find. Totaly jelly Great clean
    What ?.....

doomtown,
    your helmet made by " E.T. = Eisenhuettenwerke Thale A.G., Thale /Harz ", made helmets in sizes 60-68....the number in the crown is a batch number which identifies the rolling mill where the steel was milled...it will be preceded by a letter.
    Prost ! Steve.

?

"Jelly"= "jealous" west coast Ami slang, sorry Steve! Steve, the crown reads "R 123", the "R" is very faint, and I really had to shine some light in there to see it in comparison to the "123". Thanks for your help in ID'ing this. Also, do you have suggestions for finding new replacement liners and chinstraps? And how to age the leather properly? It's just for my wall, but I would like it to look right!
    thanks,
    Eddie
    Last edited by Eddie; 11-30-2010 at 09:12 AM.

Eddie, thanks for the translation , I thought it would be an "R" for Stahlwerk Röchling,Volkingen, as I have noticed ET marked helmets usually have steel that was milled by that company.
    Prost ! Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast