Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My Imperial Group of EKII, SWB and Hindenburg Cross.

Article about: by oradour Gentlemen, see here for a concise explanation and rank list, for Senior Privates/NCO's in the Imperial German Army, A Pocket German Army look under section "articles by Glenn

Default My Imperial Group of EKII, SWB and Hindenburg Cross.

Hello imperial friends. Just got today my new group. Actually this is my first Imperial group. It seems that this guy was in 1916 a reservist, later in 1918 an officer of 19th Inf. Div. and in 1935 tax secretary in Polizei. Is this normal?

I would also like to draw your attention on the Verwundetenabzeichen document. It says weiss. Shouldn't is say silber? Were there any white awards? I know only about black, silver, gold.
    If you take a closer look on the area which the word ''weiss'' is printed you can see that there was something else written there, it has been scratched/removed and the ''weiss'' was printed above it. Could this had been done back then or has it been done nowadays?
    Any thoughts or previous experiences would be very interestng to hear.
    Your help is much appreciated as always
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Imperial Group of EKII, SWB and Hindenburg Cross.   My Imperial Group of EKII, SWB and Hindenburg Cross.  

My Imperial Group of EKII, SWB and Hindenburg Cross.   My Imperial Group of EKII, SWB and Hindenburg Cross.  

My Imperial Group of EKII, SWB and Hindenburg Cross.   My Imperial Group of EKII, SWB and Hindenburg Cross.  

My Imperial Group of EKII, SWB and Hindenburg Cross.  
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Imperial Group of EKII, SWB and Hindenburg Cross.
    P
    Many

Default Re: My Imperial Group of EKII, SWB and Hindenburg Cross.

And now uploading the docs

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Imperial Group of EKII, SWB and Hindenburg Cross.   My Imperial Group of EKII, SWB and Hindenburg Cross.  

KSH
    ?

Very nice my friend Strange about the potential 'weiss' overwrite. By the way, Unteroffizier is not an officer rank. It is the lowest NCO-rank and for the Germans it meant corporal in practice. Some people that don't know their German ranks lists for instance a Gefreiter or an Obergefreiter as a corporal which is completely wrong. An Unteroffizier is an Unteroffizier ohne Portepee.

- Kenneth
    Last edited by KSH; 05-12-2011 at 11:57 AM.

Thanks Kenneth. Yes i'm so curious about that weiss thing. Was there really a white wound badge? And why would anybody overwrite it. I hope that another member has seen something similar in the past. Thanks for the rank info. I need to learn these someday

KSH
    ?

In my research I have never come across information on a white Verwundetenabzeichen. Strange.

- Kenneth

?

hi , nice group . the imperial groups can become addictive . always nice to get the award docs and a pic . and unlike ww2 groups still at a good price for the collector.as for the weiss ,under the type i can make out an" s" as the start of the erased word, so you could assume at one time it said silber/silver. strange never seen weiss used on any wound docs....cheers paul

Quote by KSH View Post
    By the way, Unteroffizier is not an officer rank. It is the lowest NCO-rank and for the Germans it meant corporal in practice. Some people that don't know their German ranks lists for instance an Obergefreiter as a corporal which is completely wrong. An Unteroffizier is an Unteroffizier ohne Portepee.- Kenneth
    Gentlemen, see here for a concise explanation and rank list, for Senior Privates/NCO's in the Imperial German Army, A Pocket German Army look under section "articles by Glenn Jewison". ... donkihotis, a super set ! I concur with both Kenneth and Paul as to the explanation regarding "weiss" on the award document.
    Prost ! Steve.

KSH
    ?

Quote by oradour View Post
    Gentlemen, see here for a concise explanation and rank list, for Senior Privates/NCO's in the Imperial German Army, A Pocket German Army look under section "articles by Glenn Jewison". ... donkihotis, a super set ! I concur with both Kenneth and Paul as to the explanation regarding "weiss" on the award document.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Thank you for this excellent link Steve Do you know of a resource online that gives information on Prussian Landsturm units/regiments?

- Kenneth

Quote by ppsh33 View Post
    hi , nice group . the imperial groups can become addictive . always nice to get the award docs and a pic . and unlike ww2 groups still at a good price for the collector.as for the weiss ,under the type i can make out an" s" as the start of the erased word, so you could assume at one time it said silber/silver. strange never seen weiss used on any wound docs....cheers paul
    Hi Paul your observation is correct. The erased word has an ''s'' at the start. Maybe it was schwartz, maybe it was silber. The thing is who would erase it? If you see it suspiciously and think it was made by a forger then why didn't he use the silber word to look more convincing? Or maybe he was so unaware that there weren't any white badges and considered this badge to be white? But on the other hand the doc it self looks original, it would be easy to find another badge to put it together.
    I don't know it's really confusing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast