Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

My Kaiserreich ribbon bar collection

Article about: Hello Sirs. I would like to share with you all my collection of ribbon bars from imperial Germany. I have almost a hundred and today I want to show you some photos of that part of my showcas

Great collection. I too, love your display.

Joel

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Kaiserreich ribbon bar collection
    P
    Many

Default Saxony Meiningen ribbon bars

Above there are two images of the ribbon bars from the former Duchy of Saxony Meiningen.
    Saxony Meiningen was one of the three Ernestine Dukedoms (Saxony Coburg-Gotha, Saxony Altenburg and Saxony Meiningen) located in the present Land of Thuringia and together with the Grand Duchy of Saxony Weimar-Eisenach and the Princedoms of Schwarzburg and Reuss formed a set of micro states, known as the Thuringian States.
    So that, Saxony Meiningen was a German Dukedom (Herzogtum Sachsen Meiningen) located in central Germany.
    The most characteristic military award from this Dukedom besides the Dynastic Order Saxe-Ernestine (SEHO) which we must remember was a common prize to the three Duchies, was the Bronze War Merit Medal 1914/15.
    The ribbon is black with yellow side stripes and green and white checkered edges for combatants. For non-combatants the ribbon is also black and yellow, separated from a green edge by white stripes. It´s quite common that the outer green stripe of combatant ribbon be completely discolored.

EXAMPLE OF TOTAL DISCOLORED OUTER GREEN STRIPE

As we know, the four Saxon Duchies, as the Duchy of Anhalt and the three hanseatic cities, each contributed an infantry regiment to the Kaiserliches Heer.
    During the WWI some 24,000 medals were awarded.
    From left to right and top to bottom:
    01. EK2.1914 + Bronze War Merit Medal 1914/15
    02. EFK + Bronze War Merit Medal 1914/15
    03. EK2.1914 + Bronze War Merit Medal 1914/15+ EFK.
    04. EK2.1914 + Bronze War Merit Medal 1914/15 non combatant ribbon discolored + EFK without Swords (for non combatant)

See you soon Gentlemen.

Default Saxony Meiningen ribbon bars (2)

Above two more images of one of the ribbon bars from the former Duchy of Saxony Meiningen.
    01. EK2.1914 + Bronze War Merit Medal 1914/15
    In its back we can see the label of the manufacturer, the prestigious jeweler Friedrich Sedlatzek, when he was at number 108 on the Leipzigerstrasse, Berlin.

See you in a few days Gentlemen.

Default Saxony Weimar-Eisenach ribbon bars

Above there are two images of the ribbon bars from the former Grand Duchy of Saxony Weimar-Eisenach.
    Saxony Weimar-Eisenach with the three Ernestine Dukedoms (Saxony Coburg-Gotha, Saxony Altenburg and Saxony Meiningen) located in the present Land of Thuringia and together with the Princedoms of Schwarzburg and Reuss formed a set of micro states, known as the Thuringian States.
    So that, Saxony Weimar Eisenach was a German Grand Dukedom (Grossherzogtum Sachsen Weimar Eisenach) located in central Germany.
    The most characteristic military award from this Grand Dukedom was the General Merit Medal 1914. (With three different categories: gold, silver and bronze, for officers, NCOs, and soldiers, respectively)
    The ribbon is black with yellow and green side stripes. For bravery in combat, there was an ornament consisting of two crossed swords with their upward spikes "Schwerterspange" to clip on the ribbon
    As we know, the four Saxon Duchies, as the Duchy of Anhalt and the three hanseatic cities, each contributed an infantry regiment to the Kaiserliches Heer.
    During the WWI some 12.300 medals were awarded.
    From top to bottom:

01. EFK + Bronze General Merit Medal 1914, with Swords
    02. EK2.1914 + Bronze General Merit Medal 1914, with Swords + EFK.

See you soon Gentlemen.

Default Schaumburg-Lippe ribbon bar

Above there are two images of my only ribbon bar from the former Princedom of Schaumburg-Lippe.
    Schaumburg-Lippe was a German Princedom (Fürstentum Schaumburg-Lippe) located in the northern slopes of the Weserbergland mountains, in the territory of the present Land of Lower Saxony.

01. EK2.1914 + Cross for loyal Service on Combatant´s ribbon 1914-18 + EFK

Schaumburg-Lippe, like the rest of the german princedoms, was so small that it did not form an independent regiment, so they provided battalions that were integrated in existing Prussian regiments.
    It´s medal was the “Cross for Loyal Service 1914-18”. It´s very infrequent.

This ribbon bar belonged to a citizen from Schaumburg-Lippe member of some Prussian regiment of the Imperial Army. This man was distinguished for his courage by his Princedom and also by the Empire with the EK2 1914. In 1934 its holder requested and obtained the EFK (Hindenburg Kreuz).

See you soon gentlemen.

Default Schwarzburg ribbon bars

Above there are two images of the ribbon bars from the former Princedom of Schwarzburg.
    Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt and Schwarzburg-Sonderhausen were two tiny German Princedoms (Fürstentum Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt and Fürstentum Schwarzburg-Sonderhausen) located in central Germany in the present Land of Thuringia, not far from the border with the Czech Republic.
    Both Princedoms were unified in 1909 under Prince Gunter Victor of Rudolstadt, when inheriting the principality of Sonderhausen, and denominating only Prince of Schwarzburg (It was the last personal union of the German empire.
    Like the rest of the german princedoms, were of so little entity that they did not form an independent regiment, so they provided battalions that were integrated in existing Prussian regiments.
    The most characteristic military award from this Princedom was the Medal for Merit in War, 1914. (For NCOs and soldiers)
    The ribbon is yellow with blue central and side stripes.
    Obviously, the ribbon bars of this small Princedom are very infrequent and difficult to find.

From top to bottom:

01. EK2.1914 + Medal for Merit in War with Swords.
    02. EK2.1914 + Medal for Merit in War with Swords + EFK.
    03. EK2.1914 + Medal for Merit in War + EFK + Bulgarian Commemorative Medal for the War of 1915 - 1918.

See you soon gentlemen.

Default Ribbon bars of four medals

Above is an image of the ribbon bars from my collection with four ribbons.

01. EK2.1914 + Cross of Frederick of the Grand Duchy of Anhalt-Dessau + Silver Medal for Merit by Frederick II of Baden + EFK.
    02. EK2.1914 + KvK2 1939 + Cross of Knight with Swords of the Order Zähringer Löwe + EFK.
    03. EK2.1914 + Bavarian Military Merit Cross, III Class + EFK + Bavarian Military Service Medal (Probably for 12 years of service)
    04. EK2.1914 + KvK 1939 + Hanseatic Cross of the City of Bremen + EFK.
    05. EK2.1914 + KvK 1939 + Hanseatic Cross of the City of Hamburg + EFK.
    06. EK2.1914 + KvK 1939 + Lippe Detmold War Merit Cross 1914 on combatant´s ribbon + EFK.
    07. EK2.1914 + Military Merit Cross, II Class, for Combatants, 1914. Great Duchy of Mecklenburg + Hanseatic Cross of the City of Bremen + EFK.
    08. EK2.1914 + KvK 1939 + Military Merit Cross, II Class, for combatants of Grand Duchy of Mecklenburg + EFK.
    09. EK2.1914 + Military Merit Cross, II Class, for combatants of Grand Duchy of Mecklenburg + EFK + War-Welfare Medal (Kriegsehrenzeichen für Kriegsfürsorge), 1916 of the Grand Duchy of Hesse (more probably) or Gallipoli Star form Ottoman Empire (less probably). Both ribbons are very, very similar.
    10. EK2.1914 + Bremen Hanseatic Cross + Friedrich August Cross, II Class 1914, Oldenburg + EFK.
    11. EK2.1914 + KvK 1939 + Friedrich August Cross, II Class 1914 Oldenburg + EFK.
    12. EK2 1914 + EFK +Knight's Cross with Swords of the Order of the House Hohenzollern + Ottoman Empire, Osmani Nishani Order (probably).
    13. EK2.1914 + Royal Saxon Order of Merit, with swords (awarded from 1915 to 1918) + EFK + Saxony Long Service Cross.
    14. EK2 1914 + Saxony Friedrich August Medal (in Silver or Bronze) + EFK + Cross of Honour 1901-1918 (Marked "TZ" into a circle on its reverse).
    15. EK2 1914 + Saxony Friedrich August Medal in Silber + Friedrich August Medal in Bronze + EFK.
    16. EK2.1914 + KvK 1939 + General Decoration to the Valour of Hessen. Grand Duke Ernst Ludwig + EFK.
    17. EK2.1914 + Schwarzburg War Merit Medal + EFK + Bulgarian Commemorative Medal for the War of 1915 – 1918.
    18. EK2.1914 + Golden Medal of Merit of the Saxe-Ernestine House Order (SEHO) Duke Carl Eduard, 1905-1918, with Swords + KvK 1939 + EFK.
    19. EK2.1914 + Silesian Adler, II Class (Freikorps) + EFK + Medal for Long Service, Frederick II, 1913 – 1918.
    20. EK2.1914 + KvK2 1939 + Württemberg Military Merit Medal + EFK
    21. EK2.1914 + Medal of the Saxon Military Society of Dresden + EFK+ Hungarian Commemorative Medal of the WWI. “PRO DEO ET PATRIA”
    22. EFK + Austrian Medal 1914-1918. Commemorative of the First World War + Hungarian Commemorative Medal of the WWI. “PRO DEO ET PATRIA”+ Bulgarian Commemorative Medal for the War of 1915 – 1918.
    23. EK2.1914 + EFK + Austrian Medal 1914-1918. Commemorative of the First World War + Hungarian Commemorative Medal of the WWI. “PRO DEO ET PATRIA”
    24. EK2.1914 + EFK + Hungarian Commemorative Medal of the WWI. “PRO DEO ET PATRIA” + Bulgarian Commemorative Medal for the War of 1915 – 1918.

I hope you continue to enjoy this thread.

See you soon gentlemen

Default Another foto

Default Waldeck Pyrmont Ribbon bar

Above there are two images of my only ribbon bar from the former Princedom of Waldeck Pyrmont.
    Waldeck Pyrmont was a tiny German Princedom (Fürstentum Waldeck Pyrmont) located in central Germany in the present Land of Hessen.
    Waldeck Pyrmont, like the rest of the german princedoms, was of so little entity that did not form an independent regiment, so provided battalions that were integrated in existing Prussian regiments.
    The most characteristic military award from this Princedom was the Silver Merit Medal with Swords.
    The ribbon is white with yellow, red and black side stripes. The nowadays flag of Germany, and before the flag of West Germany (FRG) and even before the flag of Weimar Republic have the colors of the Waldeck flag.
    Obviously, the ribbon bars of this small Princedom are very infrequent and difficult to find.

01. EK2.1914 + Waldeck-Pyrmont Silver Merit Medal with Swords + EFK.

See you soon gentlemen.

Thank you all for following this thread

Default Serving in two wars ribbon bars

Above is an image of the ribbon bars from my collection with four ribbons of soldiers who served in two wars.
    01. EK2.1914 + KvK2 1939 + Cross of Knight with Swords of the Order Zähringer Löwe + EFK.
    02. EK2.1914 + KvK 1939 + Hanseatic Cross of the City of Bremen + EFK.
    03. EK2.1914 + KvK 1939 + Hanseatic Cross of the City of Hamburg + EFK.
    04. EK2.1914 + KvK 1939 + General Decoration to the Valour of Hessen. Grand Duke Ernst Ludwig + EFK.
    05. EK2.1914 + KvK 1939 + Lippe Detmold War Merit Cross 1914 on combatant´s ribbon + EFK.
    06. EK2.1914 + KvK 1939 + Military Merit Cross, II Class, for combatants of Grand Duchy of Mecklenburg + EFK.
    07. EK2.1914 + KvK 1939 + Friedrich August Cross, II Class 1914 Oldenburg + EFK.
    08. EK2.1914 + Golden Medal of Merit of the Saxe-Ernestine House Order (SEHO) Duke Carl Eduard, 1905-1918, with Swords + KvK 1939 + EFK.
    09. EK2.1914 + KvK2 1939 + Württemberg Military Merit Medal + EFK.

I hope you continue to enjoy this thread.

See you soon gentlemen

Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast