Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

My Medal Bars or Ordensspange

Article about: Hi you have a great collection... All we know is that, at times, fighting the Russians, we had to remove the piles of enemy bodies from before our trenches, so as to get a clear field of fir

Default Re: My Medal Bars or Ordensspange

Frack you sir!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Frack.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	112774  

I beg your Baden!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Baden.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	112775  

Don't be so Bulgar!

Name:	Bulgar.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	112776  

General honour decoration squeezed in.

Name:	Hansa bar.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	112777  

A couple of Lubeck bars.

Name:	Lubeck.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	112778  

My most recent bar, which I really like, nothing particularly fancy but interesting combination. All private purchase pieces.

Name:	Marinekorp.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	189.8 KB 
ID:	112779  

?

Im happy this thread is taking off! Those are some nice bars! I havent had a chance to grab any red cross ones yet, yours are magnificent! Gotta have the Lubeck and Hamburg medals. Im looking at a few Hamburg bars this week. Lee

?

It finally came! Dont tell the wife! I finally got a 1870 Iron cross and 1895 Jubiläumspange! And to top it off on a bar. The cross is magnetic 3 peice and everything looks in order. The spange has good details and I compared it to Chopperman´s in the EK thread. Not an expert so I have made alot of comparisons and so on. The bar itself is very well constructed and has few moth holes. Everything looks period made. It has a makers tag which are not as common but are out there. Need to research the company. More expert inputs are more than welcome. I know how to listen to my elders thats how I survived this long! I will probably never have the funds to get another item like this but I wouldnt mind getting some more campaigne bars.

Name:	1870 002.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	243.7 KB 
ID:	112974   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1870 003.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	247.1 KB 
ID:	112975  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1870 004.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	243.6 KB 
ID:	112976   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1870 005.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	249.8 KB 
ID:	112977  

leej11, outstanding set, must of cost !...the 70' EK II looks fine from the photo provided (if you want better evaluation, a photo front and back ,straight on clos-up would be best), especially with the 1895 Jubilaumsspange !...however, despite the EK's rarerity, I like the 4th class 'Order of the Red Eagle' best... great find...one of these on its own is £300+!
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

?

Yes it did. I sold my car when I got out of the Army because it was American specs so I used some of the money from that. My wife doesnt know how much I blew on this but it was a one time only event. The EK and red eagle are both threaded down so I cant turn them over. The spange is also threaded down at the bottom. I will try to take some more but my camera starts to get blurry when I get closer. Lee

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast