MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

My new 2-Place Medal Bar: EK2 + Zahringer Lowen Ritterkreuz 2.Klasse

Article about: Hello, I'm plugging away at my Junior Officer collection of Imperial German State Award Equivalents to the EK2. It will be a good challenge to find these in the 2-place medal bars whenever I

Default My new 2-Place Medal Bar: EK2 + Zahringer Lowen Ritterkreuz 2.Klasse

Hello,

I'm plugging away at my Junior Officer collection of Imperial German State Award Equivalents to the EK2. It will be a good challenge to find these in the 2-place medal bars whenever I am able to do so.

I recently acquired this pair for a Baden Junior Officer. This one has been on my "want list" for a along time, and I'm happy with the condition of the Baden award.

I look forward to your comments.

Best Regards,

Alan

My new 2-Place Medal Bar: EK2 + Zahringer Lowen Ritterkreuz 2.KlasseMy new 2-Place Medal Bar: EK2 + Zahringer Lowen Ritterkreuz 2.KlasseMy new 2-Place Medal Bar: EK2 + Zahringer Lowen Ritterkreuz 2.KlasseMy new 2-Place Medal Bar: EK2 + Zahringer Lowen Ritterkreuz 2.Klasse

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My new 2-Place Medal Bar: EK2 + Zahringer Lowen Ritterkreuz 2.Klasse
    P
    Many

very very nice bar

I love the way you decided to collect the Ek equivalants. A very unique idea
    and one that I'm guessing will be a real challange.

Oh, and by the way---- That is one killer 2 place bar.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

I'm a Baden Fan!!!! I have the M96 Picklehaube and that is where we Hettel's are from! That is a beautiful cross!
    Congrats on adding that to your collection.
    And a big thanks for letting me know I need to keep an eye out for a Zahringer Lowen Ritterkreuz
    Semper Fi
    Phil Hettel

Thanks for your nice comments gentlemen, I appreciate it!

By Chopperman:
    I love the way you decided to collect the Ek equivalents. A very unique idea and one that I'm guessing will be a real challenge.
    Thanks Greg! You are right, it will be a lot harder finding these in the 2-place medal bars, instead of the more commonly found 3-place medal bars that include the 1934 "Hindenburg Cross", or even just as loose individual awards. Several of these Junior Officer equivalents of the EK2 are significantly more expensive than the Enlisted Man equivalents of the EK2, and that will also take me longer to complete a set. Some of these will be quite difficult to find in 2-place (let alone as stand-alone individual awards), and will take a lot of patience to stay focused, which is a good thing for me. I simply like too many aspects of Imperial German militaria for my own good and pocketbook.

By AZPhil:
    I'm a Baden Fan!!!! I have the M96 Picklehaube and that is where we Hettel's are from! That is a beautiful cross!
    Congrats on adding that to your collection.
    And a big thanks for letting me know I need to keep an eye out for a Zahringer Lowen Ritterkreuz
    Thanks Phil! You're right, these are a beautiful cross. I hope you can pick one up for yourself soon. My father's side of the family is from the old Saxony Weimar. It's cool to know your family was from Baden! Our ancestors weren't that far away from eachother in Germany.

Best Regards,

Alan

?

Congrats to this nice piece and good luck with reaching your goal. Once upon I time I decided to collect these equivalents as Godet miniatures and I am still on the road. Particularly on Zähringen minis, I was already outbid three times. It´s just very desirable award, having something from baroque oomph of Russian Imperial orders (namely St. Stanislaus).
    Can I have one off-topic question? Is the ribbon on Zähringen absolutely UV negative? I am asking, because I have one Zähringen ribbon which looks like original - correctly looped on both sides, well worn, lightweight... Just when I put in under UV lamp, green stripe changes the colour. It´s very dull glowing, different from typical bright glowing of reproduction. On top of it orange stripes don´t glow at all.
    Some time ago I learned that some original Imperial ribbons do glow (mainly pink and red stripes). I just want to know if this is this case.

Thank you, Miro