Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

My new Tschako....

Article about: Gents, here is my newly aquired Model 1895 Prussian Tschako (Shako) mit Kokarden und Feldzeichen, displayed on a Train (Supply) Waffenrock. Before the introduction of the Pickelhaube in 1842

Default My new Tschako....

Gents, here is my newly aquired Model 1895 Prussian Tschako (Shako) mit Kokarden und Feldzeichen, displayed on a Train (Supply) Waffenrock. Before the introduction of the Pickelhaube in 1842, the most common form of headgear in the Imperial German army was the Tschako, with the adoption of the spike helmet by most arms, it was worn by Jager, Shutzen (Light Infantry), Telegraph, Train (Supply) and other small units.
    The 1895 model Tschako was shorter and more refined than its predecessor the Model 1888, the wappen (front badge, being the same design as on the Pickelhaube, but smaller) was now fitted with loops on the rear, to be held on the helmet by leather wedges...it had previously been a threaded bolt and nut. In 1897 the new Reichs Kokarden (cockade) was worn on the right side, a state kokarden could be worn on the left side, but usually the Tschako had a Feldzeichen (field badge) affixed to the front in a leather pocket which was a feature of its construction, this was a cloth covered wood badge in state colours.
    The wearing of the Tschako ended with the issue of the new model 1916 steel helmet, although it continued to be worn in rear areas until the end of hostilities.
    The Tschako continued to worn in various guises as a form of Police headware throughout the Weimar, Third Reich and in post-war Germany, eventually being phased out in the early sixties.
    Prost ! Steve.My new Tschako....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new Tschako....   My new Tschako....  

My new Tschako....   My new Tschako....  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My new Tschako....
    P
    Many

Default Re: My new Tschako....

congrats!!
    Nice item, great explication.
    cheers
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Very nice ,one helmet not seen very often.it does look good in your ww1 war room,

Nice Steve.
    We don't see these posted very often.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Very Nice