Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My (as of now still) rather tiny collection of Imperial "death cards".

Article about: Fellow members, I really don't know how much interest there is here for Imperial "death cards", but they certainly have an immense effect on me. I have only collected for a year an

KSH
    ?

Default My (as of now still) rather tiny collection of Imperial "death cards".

Fellow members,

I really don't know how much interest there is here for Imperial "death cards", but they certainly have an immense effect on me. I have only collected for a year and then some - so in time I will have a bigger selection of these poignant gems. The WWI cards often mention details that are hard to find on WWII cards.

Here are my cards on a table - tomorrow I shall take some better photos in daylight.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	280.5 KB 
ID:	268541

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	249.6 KB 
ID:	268542

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	262.0 KB 
ID:	268543

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	264.1 KB 
ID:	268544

Name:	6.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	262.5 KB 
ID:	268545

Name:	7.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	266.2 KB 
ID:	268546

Name:	8.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	270.1 KB 
ID:	268547

Name:	9.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	226.3 KB 
ID:	268548

Thank you for looking

- Kenneth

Default Re: My (as of now still) rather tiny collection of Imperial "death cards".

Very nice collection of death cards! Thanks for showing.

Regards

KSH
    ?

Default Re: My (as of now still) rather tiny collection of Imperial "death cards".

Quote by Ingrid Patrouille View Post
    Very nice collection of death cards! Thanks for showing.

Regards
    Thank you Ingrid I especially find these two cards poignant:

Name:	10.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	268562

Two brothers killed as a result of shell fire two days apart. It truly makes the cost of war so clear and defined.

- Kenneth

Rather tiny? These are great! I think they make great research projects.

KSH
    ?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Rather tiny? These are great! I think they make great research projects.
    Glad you like them! I only have 108 cards in total (32 "double cards" and 76 "single cards" - including some duplicates). If I ever hit 1,000 I'll start to feel that I have an extensive collection of these They sure are very interesting research pieces!

- Kenneth

I collect Third Reich ones. If you have any of those, please post them to the thread I started for them. I would love to see those too.

KSH
    ?

I collect Third Reich ones. If you have any of those, please post them to the thread I started for them. I would love to see those too.
    I guess this is probably a mortal sin for most WRF members, but despite my interest in "death cards", I haven't got a SINGLE Third Reich "death card" Well, with the exception of the card announcing the death of a veteran of the Franco-Prussian War (1870-1871) who happened to die shortly after Hitler became Reichskanzler, by coincidence.

I have nothing against TR "death cards", and would be happy to own some - but they just don't equal the earlier ones IMO. Especially with regards to information given on the cards.

- Kenneth

Quote by KSH View Post

I have nothing against TR "death cards", and would be happy to own some - but they just don't equal the earlier ones IMO. Especially with regards to information given on the cards.

- Kenneth
    That's true, although I quite like seeing pictures of TR soldiers with all of their awards and Schirmmuetze.

KSH
    ?

That's true, although I quite like seeing pictures of TR soldiers with all of their awards and Schirmmuetze.
    I like seeing those pictures too But no Pickelhauben to be seen

- Kenneth

Nice large collection of cards. I have several from both wars.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast