Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

My Opa, Jacob Boos

Article about: I was going through some paper work today and re-found a few photos. Here is a photo of my paternal grandfather, Jacob Boos. I guess I do come from a line of military families. I just never

Default Re: My Opa, Jacob Boos

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I reckon you a right, a "3".

Do you know what ribbon he wears?

Cheers, Ade.
    I was thinking an EK II possibly added by the photographer as it does not really look like a ribbon.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Ralph, I ran your family name through Ancestry and came up with this:

Boos Name Meaning

or ‘arrogant person’.

Cheers, Ade.
    I resemble that remark! Ha Ha!
    NOT!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I was waiting to see what you thought!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Ralph, I ran your family name through Ancestry and came up with this:

Boos Name Meaning

Dutch and German: from a Germanic personal name, Boso, most probably from an element meaning ‘leader’, ‘nobleman’, or ‘arrogant person’.

Cheers, Ade.

In the few years I have been talking to Ralph, I have yet to see that side of him.
    HOWEVER--we have never met in person
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by Chopperman View Post

In the few years I have been talking to Ralph, I have yet to see that side of him.
    HOWEVER--we have never met in person
    Thanks for the vote of confidence Greg. If we ever meet, I assure you, that side of me does not exist. I'm telling you, IT DOES NOT!
    Ha Ha!
    Ralph.

Here is a copy of my photo that Bill T. has been kind enough to color for me.
    Many thanks Bill!
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Opa, Jacob Boos  

Nicely done
    I envy you having family things like this passed down.
    My own family was so screwed up that know one really new or cared what any of
    the paste generations did. My family tree is more of a tumble weed.
    Last edited by Chopperman; 11-04-2012 at 07:19 PM.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Thanks Greg!
    When my mother was still travelling to Germany, I told her that I would take ANY photos that she could come up with that showed family members in uniform or not. Some of the older ones are reprints.
    I have quite a few.
    Ralph.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3