Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My St u L Pour le Mérite.............

Article about: Gentleman, Christmas has come early this year, I must of been one the first on Santa's rounds, and of course I have been a very good boy this year ! ..... Three neck awards have come my way,

Default My St u L Pour le Mérite.............

Gentleman, Christmas has come early this year, I must of been one the first on Santa's rounds, and of course I have been a very good boy this year ! ..... Three neck awards have come my way, a St u L PLM, a 57er KvK RK and another 57er "C" frame RK.....I show the first, a post war (WW2) 1950'-60's St u L produced Pour le Merite, I have been after one of these for some time, and the opportunity came on E-Bay U.S.A. I was surprised I was the only bidder and I won at a bargain price, as I believe they can go for $600 plus.....I had done my homework, which with this award is paramount, it has all the St u L design features, the connected "U R", The " l " in " le Me' " not connected to the frame, the correct shade of blue, the flat footless bottoms of the eagle, the distinct pillow effect on the rear enamel, but most importantly the flaw on the bottom 7 o'clock eagles wing that all St u L PLM's must have........It of course measures 53 mm x 53 mm and weighs in at 26 grams....it is complete with an original period ribbon, albeit a small length, it of bronze gilt manufacture (there was a silver 800 version), no box unfortunately.....I shall have to find one ! I show three WW1 veterans PLM's all of which are the St u L made post war pieces.................belonging to Ernst Junger (Storm of Steel fame), Otto Hersing and Walter Caspari.
    I have used the sellers images bar the last two,that show a lighter blue, due to flash being used in my dingy study and the fact that they were taken with my crappy camera !
    I must thank member "regular122" over on WAF for his very fine article on these PLM's, I recommend everybody who wants one of these to read this thread...I learnt a lot from it...last Image again by "regular122" over on WAF, see here for A Study of the Steinhauer & Luck PlM - Page 3 - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Prost ! Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My St u L Pour le Mérite.............   My St u L Pour le Mérite.............  

My St u L Pour le Mérite.............   My St u L Pour le Mérite.............  

My St u L Pour le Mérite.............  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My St u L Pour le Mérite.............
    P
    Many

Nice looking PLM. If I were to get a post war piece,
    The STuL would be the one to get.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Here's a shot of a veteran wearing his PLM at an OdR meeting in the early 1960's.............................."Oberstleutnan t Heinrich Brinkord" (1882-1965), I wonder what type PLM he wears (maker).
    Image courtesy of member Sepp45 over at WAF.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Attached Images Attached Images My St u L Pour le Mérite............. 

Nice pick up Steve ! I saw this one - or another similar - a week
    or so ago. The seller's pics were not the greatest, but one
    could tell there was something different in this one
    compared to the cheaper fakes out there.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by oradour View Post
    I wonder what type PLM he wears (maker). Prost ! Steve.
    Quick up-date, found on the net............ Hermann Historica - Internationales Auktionshaus fr Antiken, Alte Waffen, Orden und Ehrenzeichen, Historische Sammlungsstcke a bargain at 38,500 Euro !
    It was a Wagner PLM.....Heinrich Brinkord won his PLM on 21st October 1918 as an Oberstleutnant of the Heer.

and yes Steve, it was on E-Bay U.S.A. a couple of weeks back, you had to know what you were looking at ! I got it for a bargain as nobody else bid !!!
    Prost ! Steve.

It was the old movie "The Blue Max" and the PLM that got
    me interested in Imperial items. Although I learned very
    early on that original aviation related pieces were out of my
    price range. So the iron Cross is where i went. --------
    -------some day I will at least own a PLM knoflock mini.
    Last edited by Chopperman; 11-30-2014 at 05:23 AM.
    gregM

myself around.

Like it a lot, Steve ! I think I could " live" with a nice piece like this, knowing the prices for the ww1 types :-/
    Mfg
    Marc

New image..................
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My St u L Pour le Mérite.............  

gregM

myself around.

Still a very nice piece !
    I got to get one like these some day !
    I may turn to you for advice when or if the opportunity shows up :-)

Mfg
    Marc

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast