Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help with medal identification

Article about: These two medals were in the bottom of a box of books I bought at an estate sale. Not sure if they are real or fake or of any value. The black one I have not been able to find anywhere (not

?

Default Need help with medal identification

These two medals were in the bottom of a box of books I bought at an estate sale. Not sure if they are real or fake or of any value. The black one I have not been able to find anywhere (not sure I uploaded pics correctly, please let me know).Need help with medal identificationNeed help with medal identificationNeed help with medal identificationNeed help with medal identification

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help with medal identification
    P
    Many

Hello.

The second medal is a "Patriotika" style medal extolling the alliance between the so-called central empires.
    On the obverse we see the busts of Kaiser Wilhelm II, of Germany; of the Emperor Francis Joseph, of the Austro-Hungarian Empire; of Sultan Mehmed V, of the Ottoman Empire and a fourth figure that I think is Ferndinand I of Bulgaria.
    The four profile busts, between 1914 and 1916.
    Last edited by TabsTabs1964; 01-30-2019 at 12:40 PM.

On the back, Two crossed swords and the coats of arms of the Ottoman Empire (left), Austro-Hungarian Empire (below), Kingdom of Bulgaria (right) and German Empire (top)

About the other medal I would like to see some photo with higher resolution and if possible in vertical position.

?

Thank you. Is the black one of any value? Hope this pic is betterNeed help with medal identificationNeed help with medal identification

?

Very much appreciate the history lesson on that medal. Can you estimate how old this medal is if it is real? Fascinating since I could not find anything like it anywhere.

?

Apologize for age request. Dates are on the medal, lol

Now I see it better in this photo. It's an ex-combatient badge. DEUTSCHER KRIEGERVEREIN. 1st World War with the effigy of Emperor William II.
    At the time of writing this response I have seen two on the internet in houses of well-known specialized antique dealers.
    Some very similar sells for between 50 and 60 euros.
    But this type of medals is not my specialty.
    Last edited by TabsTabs1964; 01-30-2019 at 12:40 PM.

In any case I see that the arms of the cross of your copy are somewhat deteriorated and they lack part of black paint, I imagine that it will diminish its value.

Anyway I'm seeing that there are others very similar from around 1900. And yours looks like those. Maybe some of the experts on the subject can give you better information. best regards.

?

Thank you so much. Any idea on value of black medal? Will add to collection if any good.

The truth is that I could not tell you the value of the other medal, but I had never seen one before, which makes me deduce that it should not be a frequent piece.
    Best regards.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast