Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need Help with Translation WW1 German Photo Album

Article about: Here is an item I picked up sometime ago, again, not really my thing but I thought it was neat..some Great Photos in it as well as many newspaper or Magazine photos, maps ect. I have only in

?

Default Need Help with Translation WW1 German Photo Album

Here is an item I picked up sometime ago, again, not really my thing but I thought it was neat..some Great Photos in it as well as many newspaper or Magazine photos, maps ect. I have only included a few photos, there are many blank pages as it looks like some things, not photos fell out over the years.
    Can anyone help out with the Old German in one of the photos? it is some kind of Military document, and I am guessing this is from the owner of the book.
    Thank You

Dean O.
    Ajax Canada
    Need Help with Translation WW1 German Photo AlbumNeed Help with Translation WW1 German Photo AlbumNeed Help with Translation WW1 German Photo AlbumNeed Help with Translation WW1 German Photo AlbumNeed Help with Translation WW1 German Photo AlbumNeed Help with Translation WW1 German Photo AlbumNeed Help with Translation WW1 German Photo AlbumNeed Help with Translation WW1 German Photo AlbumNeed Help with Translation WW1 German Photo Album

Quote by CampX View Post
    Can anyone help out with the Old German in one of the photos? it is some kind of Military document, and I am guessing this is from the owner of the book.
    The document is war-related, but not of a military nature. It translates as:

"This honorary certificate is presented to
    Rudolf Sommer,
    student in the Ist form
    of the Fröbel School
    at Frankfurt am Main,
    in recognition
    of his faithful fulfilment of patriotic duty
    by volunteer
    support work in agriculture
    during the World War.

Frankfurt am Main, 10 June 1918
    "