MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Need a spot of help on values for a "rare" Imperial Marine grouping and sorry no photos yet.

Article about: Hi, im no longer collecting Imperial German so I can focus on the WWII stuff. Anyway, I do still have quite a bit of Imperial dating back to 1848. That said, what I wanted (sight unseen) opi

Default Need a spot of help on values for a "rare" Imperial Marine grouping and sorry no photos yet.

Hi, im no longer collecting Imperial German so I can focus on the WWII stuff. Anyway, I do still have quite a bit of Imperial dating back to 1848.

That said, what I wanted (sight unseen) opinions on is a small grouping I got several years ago from a large trade I did wiht a collector/friend on the West Coast.

What I have are a 1914 EKi-1914 EKII w/ award doc--that was supposedly all of the same grouping. I was told from the guy I got it from, that this was how he got them and sold them as.

Anyway, both EKs are K.O. marked and the award doc is in decent condition but has been folded and is worn with a couple pinky-nail sized holes in it and a few smaller holes in it. The EKII award doc was to an NCO in the 2nd Kompanie, 3rd Marine Infantry Regiment. Dated March 4th 1917. I cant read part of his first name as the writing is even worse than my own but, heres what I can make out: that it was for an: Adalbert (%%%%%%-unreadable to me) Adamczak. Awarded in the field on: September 2nd 1917. The Doc was originally supposed to be signed by an Oberst but the rank was crossed out and was signed by a Major whose name I cant make out.

Anyway, the EKs themselves are in much better condition. What I was wondering (again-sight unseen) is what value this grouping might have? as I am thinking of selling it off to buy something else in mind.

Best regards--H.B.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need a spot of help on values for a "rare" Imperial Marine grouping and sorry no photos yet.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Need a spot of help on values for a "rare" Imperial Marine grouping and sorry no photos yet.

Anyone have any ideas on prospective values for a small Imperial grouping? Need what info you can give please.

Default Re: Need a spot of help on values for a "rare" Imperial Marine grouping and sorry no photos yet.

Without photos, there is no way to give you a realistic answer. Dwight

I agree. Photos of the state the pieces are in tells the story alone. What is he asking for them?

Hi Gents, ill try getting a few pics here soon. However, I dont have a camera and would have to do them on scanners at a Wal Mart. I dont know how they would look? Anyway, ill see if I cna get something done with in the next 10 days. Cant till after Friday this week because of a medical appt I have in San Antonio. Ill also have a KvK 1st Cl pictured with these because im wanting to get rd of it as well. I got this KvK from lakeside Traders back in 09 sometime as part of a large trade. I dont collect the 1st class version but i THINK it;s a Deumer made piece?

Also, thanks much for replying ;-)) Ill try getting the stuff here soon as possible. Like the Vintage Productions guys, im thinking of doing a bundle deal on them-including the KvK.

TO help you in your collecting a camera would be a very wise investment. Dont have to be some super fancy model. Pictures in here help us so much. Describing what you have is by far very hard to determine anything. Hope that will steer you in the right way.