Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

New felt Pickelhaube....

Article about: Gents, just recieved my second "Ersatz" Felt Pickelhaube, courtesy of member "gagevet" a big thank you there, Phil ! I purchased it through the "for sale" secti

Default Re: New felt Pickelhaube....

It has double Bekleidungsamt markings. "B.A.IV" and "_.A.XVIII". That is somewhat unusual. Normally, when there are two corps markings, the later one is a "B.J.A." (Bekleidungs-Instandsetzungs-Amt) marking that indicates that the helmet was repaired by a corps other than the original issuing one.

Since the XVIII corps marking is incomplete, it is possible that the marking was "B.J.A." rather than "B.A.". That would make more sense.

CCMJR...Thanks for that, having done more research I had discounted the "Landwehr" connection and was thinking along the lines of a repair unit have added weight to that theory.
    Prost ! Steve.
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

I like the ersatz helmets.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12