Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New felt Pickelhaube....

Article about: Gents, just recieved my second "Ersatz" Felt Pickelhaube, courtesy of member "gagevet" a big thank you there, Phil ! I purchased it through the "for sale" secti

Default New felt Pickelhaube....

Gents, just recieved my second "Ersatz" Felt Pickelhaube, courtesy of member "gagevet" a big thank you there, Phil ! I purchased it through the "for sale" section of the forum, this haube is formed from one piece, with no peak or rear spine reinforcements it features reinforceing around the chinstrap mounts, a feature not commonly seen on such haubes, its condition is almost mint, its only damage appears to be a small split on the front visor. The spike/base, wappen and M91 mounts are chemically blackened brass, to cut down on glare, this was before the M15 subdued helmets. The liner on this helmet, is, well, mint ! it is size stamped "59" unusually large for a period Pickelhaube. It is marked both on the inside rear visor and owner marked in ink on the inside of the liner,"X Kuchemeister", Regimentals include a unreadable "boxed stamp" which I suspect has been wiped by a clothing storesman...and then re-stamped, the markings are " B.A. ? IV" and "LXVIII" that I believe, being for a Landwehr unit, 18th Corps or Regiment ?, I have scant information on these units, perhaps someone can confirm this marking for me, thanks in advance.....These haubes were usually passed down the line from 1st line troops down to 3rd line troops as leather helmets became available in late 1914/15, so many of these helmets (Ersatz) ended up in Landwehr units. I added a set of original cockades and a period chinstrap. It now keeps its brother company in my collection.....enjoy.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New felt Pickelhaube....   New felt Pickelhaube....  

New felt Pickelhaube....   New felt Pickelhaube....  

New felt Pickelhaube....   New felt Pickelhaube....  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New felt Pickelhaube....
    P
    Many

Default Re: New felt Pickelhaube....

A beauty, Steve! I envy you!!!

Regards

I Like these old felt helmets-always nice to see a minty one that's all there! William

Looks great next to its brother, I know that it has found a good home. It looks awesome with the strap and cockades.

Phil

Ditto the above remarks. Wonderful condition for their age....................!
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks for your kind comments ....I just need an felt Kugelhelm...to make it a trio
    Ladies and Gentlemen, Prost ! Steve.

hi,
    lovely helmet well done, they both look very nice together, i have a leather one 98,B 1905
    i think it might be the only one i will have as the originals are going up so much.
    Dave.

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    hi,
    i have a leather one 98,B 1905i think it might be the only one i will have as the originals are going up so much.Dave.
    Dave, please make a post with it ...the more the merrier !
    Prost ! Steve.

A couple more photos of the brothers !......(well chuffed !)

Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New felt Pickelhaube....   New felt Pickelhaube....  

?

nice helmets!
    well done,

cheers,
    -patrick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast