Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New helmet and dont know much about decal and model

Article about: I just picked this up in a lot of german ww2 gear. I do not know much about the ww1 items so I figured I list it. I know this decal is faked a lot and it wasnt sold to me as it was real, the

FNG
    ?

Default New helmet and dont know much about decal and model

I just picked this up in a lot of german ww2 gear. I do not know much about the ww1 items so I figured I list it. I know this decal is faked a lot and it wasnt sold to me as it was real, the guy knew as much as me on it...It was basically thrown in for free since i Paid 500 for the box of items. Its middle of the night and I can take better photos in day light but I wanted to get it started and see what kind f information I can get. I love the idea it's named! Any info would be awesome. I can take better photos in the sun light and of decal which is probally fake...i dont know...looks good. Either way I got a free helmet either way .

Its missing the back liner pin and one pad and other side of helmet is normal with no decals or the back.. Im sorry about these damn photos. I cant get them to get loaded the right way
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New helmet and dont know much about decal and model   New helmet and dont know much about decal and model  

New helmet and dont know much about decal and model   New helmet and dont know much about decal and model  

New helmet and dont know much about decal and model   New helmet and dont know much about decal and model  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New helmet and dont know much about decal and model
    P
    Many

Looks like a nice original named Imperial German M16 helmet in a larger size (probably a 66) with a hand painted Gardekorps insignia.

The examples that I have seen of these are also hand painted however I can’t vouch for the authenticity of this example. It would be nice to see some high res closeup daylight photos of the decal but even if the decal is not period you have at least scored yourself a very nice helmet.

FNG
    ?

Ill defiently take some in the morning. I havent even seen the helmet in day light yet. So is it a rare style helmet becuase of the painted insignia on it? if its real . It is a nice solid helmet though despite missing the back pin which can I find orginial ones for sale to replace it ?

FNG
    ?

here are some daylight photos of the insignia . I hope it helps !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New helmet and dont know much about decal and model   New helmet and dont know much about decal and model  

These photos show that the shield definitely has some patina to them but just how old they are I’m not sure. Also considering they were in with the other stuff you got and if that lot turns out OK I’d think there that this helmet will stand more of a chance too!

If you could get even clearer macro type shots that would be even better but from what I can see so far I think this shield shows some promise. However, I’d still like to see what other have to say.

FNG
    ?

I switched phones to a i phone and this is about the best I can do. I hope this helps.

Thanks for the photos. I still think the paint has age and shows promise.

Would like to see what others (particularly those that may own an original GardeKorps helmet) have to say.

FNG
    ?

Oh i would too. Im waiting patiently

FNG
    ?

I hope the Sun comes out today I could get a photo in the Sunshine

FNG
    ?

Heres a couple more

- - ------- - -

Ok im done with pictures...that should do it. Had a little sun today to try and give it a different angle

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast