Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

New Pickelhaube...rare Regt.

Article about: Gents, picked this up, quite cheaply, but needs some TLC, last owner had polished it up, thus it has lost its 'ghosting' around the wappen, it is rather a rare helmet, being faintly marked o

Default New Pickelhaube...rare Regt.

Gents, picked this up, quite cheaply, but needs some TLC, last owner had polished it up, thus it has lost its 'ghosting' around the wappen, it is rather a rare helmet, being faintly marked on the rear visor '6.Th.I.R.95' which is "6. Thüringisches Infanterie-Regt. Nr.95 (Gotha, II BN Hildburghausen, III Bn Coburg) XI Armee Korps. The Saxe-Coburg-Gotha cockade is a at the very least a re-paint, but they can be sourced, the Wappen/front plate is the rare 'Fuerst' plate, (only has 2 brass grommeted holes on front, no extra holes!) this plate is damaged (missing a leg and tailfeathers) and missing the central 'State' wappen. I intend over time to return to its former glory, hopefully ! I include some photographs, you can just make out the markings. It has its interior, however at some stage it has had its 'fingers' neatly cut back to form an officers type sweatband, why, we shall never know, perhaps to emulate an officers for comfort, perhaps it had the removable officers type skull cap liner retrofitted by its owner, who knows, still an interesting and rare marked helm.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Pickelhaube...rare Regt.   New Pickelhaube...rare Regt.  

New Pickelhaube...rare Regt.   New Pickelhaube...rare Regt.  

New Pickelhaube...rare Regt.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Pickelhaube...rare Regt.
    P
    Many

Default Re: New Pickelhaube...rare Regt.

You are right, it does need some TLC but it certainly does
    have lots of potential.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Nice helm! Amazing whats still out there! Funny, Got a freind in Coburg!

?

the kokade looks new compared to the visor ?

Quote by colt45 View Post
    the kokade looks new compared to the visor ?
    colt45....thats why I said in my thread "The Saxe-Coburg-Gotha cockade is a at the very least a re-paint" (meaning its newer than the rest).......I have a source in Germany, where hopefully one can be found. Here is a photograph of the wappen as it should be, showing the smaller Saxe-Coburg-Gotha badge affixed to the centre (which is missing on my example)....if any one has this wappen or the smaller centre badge, I would be willing to negotiate...
    Attached Images Attached Images New Pickelhaube...rare Regt. 

?

very nice!! i always thought these were realy neat looking!

As i said before, need to get one!

?

Lovely helmet Oradour!! I collect T Reich but am on the hunt for my first original pickelhaube!! They look great.

Thanks
    Andy

?

Nice spike. I hope you can find a replacement for the plate. Good spikes are really getting hard to find.
    Steve

Very Nice............BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...