Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

New Stahlhelm - what do you think?

Article about: Hi Guys, I recently picked this up in trade and while it is a gem it is not my bag these days so I plan to sell it and raise \\$\\$ for things I am interested in and figured I'd share it here fi

Default New Stahlhelm - what do you think?

Hi Guys,

I recently picked this up in trade and while it is a gem it is not my bag these days so I plan to sell it and raise $$ for things I am interested in and figured I'd share it here first and see if I have overlooked any details.

To my eye is it is a nice untouched M17 field camo, irregular pattern and subdued paints, still mud in one vent hole. It is named under the brim to 'M Mueller' but no unit ID. What is really great about it is that it has some sort of motto or slogan - perhaps a nickname? on the front left brow 'Druff'. There is a fingerprint in the paint under teh right rim near the chinstrap post. The only stamped marking I can find is a very faint 'W 66' to the fron of the right side chinstrap post. The pads arethe later rabbit skin type with the original horesehair stuffed pads, all still intact and supple. I have a minimum price in mind after sorting through a few sites - but wondered what others here felt was fair?

Thanks.New Stahlhelm - what  do you think?New Stahlhelm - what  do you think?New Stahlhelm - what  do you think?New Stahlhelm - what  do you think?New Stahlhelm - what  do you think?New Stahlhelm - what  do you think?New Stahlhelm - what  do you think?New Stahlhelm - what  do you think?New Stahlhelm - what  do you think?New Stahlhelm - what  do you think?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Stahlhelm - what  do you think?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: New Stahlhelm - what do you think?

This is a nice one I would think it would be any where from 950-1300 USD

?

I can't help with the Value. But that is a NICE Stalhelm!!!!!!
    I have a 1917 but its not camo painted. SWEEET!

I'd love to have one of these but they are getting too expensive, just like WWII lids.

Very nice lid with an unusual paint scheme. Good to see
    the liner and pads intact.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Camo looks very nice but I am not very familiar with these.

Isn't this an M16 instead of an M17? I understand that the chinstrap is attached to the liner band on the M17s....Nice helmet, friend! Glenn

?

The 1917 models have a metal liner band and usually but not always white leather liner pieces.
    Model 1916 has a leather liner band with regular leather colored liners.

Agree, but I also thought that chinstrap-placement changed from 1917 on...as having the chinstrap attached to the M16 shell proved impractical...no big deal, just something I noticed...Glenn

There are two models of stalhelms, the M1916 and the M1918. The M1916 had a leather band for the liner with the fingers sewn to it. The M1916 also had the updated liner that used the metal band (Which a lot of people call the M1917) The M1918 had a metal band for a liner with the improved chin strap arraignment attached to it. The W66 is for Hermann Weissenberger & Co. and the size 66.

Anton

The photo below showing the M1916 with the leather band.

New Stahlhelm - what  do you think?