Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Occupation Poster/Regulation. Otto von Below, General der Infanterie. France

Article about: Picked this up this week, an eBay find to be honest for a few quid, a nice historical item, I like it. Pictures are not the best sorry, measures approx 58cm x 42cm Some translation here: &qu

Thumbs up Occupation Poster/Regulation. Otto von Below, General der Infanterie. France

Picked this up this week, an eBay find to be honest for a few quid, a nice historical item, I like it.

Pictures are not the best sorry, measures approx 58cm x 42cm

Some translation here:

"Notice on the trade in military clothing and other items belonging to the army administration in the territory of the 17th Army.

1. It is forbidden for inhabitants to acquire military clothing or equipment or other objects belonging to the administration of the army without the authorisation of a competent military service.

2. Habitants are also prohibited from being in the unauthorised possession of military clothing or equipment or other objects belonging to the administration of the army, whether the objects in question have been abandoned, or that they have disappeared from our administration of the army.
    Objects of this nature shall in all cases be presented immediately to the competent place of command.

3. Residents who choose to retain, subtract, destroy, alienate or otherwise dispose of the objects in question and who are complicit in such acts shall be punished with imprisonment of 1 Year maximum and fines of up to 3,000 marks or one of these penalties without prejudice to more severe penalties provided for by other penal provisions,
    The articles subject to the offences will be confiscated
    The prosecution falls under the jurisdiction of the military councils and military commanders."

Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Occupation Poster/Regulation. Otto von Below, General der Infanterie. France   Occupation Poster/Regulation. Otto von Below, General der Infanterie. France  

Occupation Poster/Regulation. Otto von Below, General der Infanterie. France  

Nice find.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Nice find.
    Thanks, considering its 99 years old, its not in too bad condition, the paper is very thin but still quite solid, will be framed from now on so should protect it

Cheers

Congratulations on such a Cool Score, well done! I've always been very fond of such Paper Items - Especially in Poster-Form!
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Congratulations on such a Cool Score, well done! I've always been very fond of such Paper Items - Especially in Poster-Form!
    cheers, Glenn
    Thanks Glenn, I really like this sort of thing, my 1st WW1 era item

Cheers

Quote by HistoryMan View Post

Cheers
    Great First Piece - These Things are Addicting - as you may already know, lol...
    My own Collecting Interests have been drifting from 3rd Reich to Imperial Era & Freikorps as well...There seems to be less competition too - And I continue to find quality WWI Militaria at very affordable prices...
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Great First Piece - These Things are Addicting - as you may already know, lol...
    My own Collecting Interests have been drifting from 3rd Reich to Imperial Era & Freikorps as well...There seems to be less competition too - And I continue to find quality WWI Militaria at very affordable prices...
    cheers, Glenn
    Yes they are indeed ! Missed out on another one unfortunately

Prost

Nice one! not very comon to find WWI paper in France, it was used for fire...
    Cheers,
    Michel
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Quote by HistoryMan View Post

Cheers
    Not bad at all for a first
    I have a hard time with paper items. Sometimes I do more damage than good
    so now days I stick to "hard" pieces.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    Nice one! not very comon to find WWI paper in France, it was used for fire...
    Cheers,
    Michel
    I am amazed it has survived to be honest

I will have to take a better picture of the complete poster in better light