Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Odd Early "German" "Bayonet" with engraved blade

Article about: I am getting ready for a show on Sat and was going through some bayonets I am thinking of getting rid of. As I was looking at this one, I relized that the blade is engraved, in what appears

?

Default Imperial German ingraved Bayonet and old bullets

I am getting ready for a show on Sat and was going through some bayonets I am thinking of getting rid of.
    As I was looking at this one, I relized that the blade is engraved, in what appears to be German.

The words on one side are " MITT GOTT FUR KAISER U REICH"

Can anyone tell me what kind of bayonet and the date please.

Also it has the "spring" to mount it on a Rifle, however there is no slot nor a spring release on the other side.

Too bad that the barrel ring is part missing.

Thank you in advance

Dean O
    Canada

Odd Early "German" "Bayonet" with engraved bladeOdd Early "German" "Bayonet" with engraved bladeOdd Early "German" "Bayonet" with engraved bladeOdd Early "German" "Bayonet" with engraved bladeOdd Early "German" "Bayonet" with engraved bladeOdd Early "German" "Bayonet" with engraved bladeOdd Early "German" "Bayonet" with engraved bladeOdd Early "German" "Bayonet" with engraved bladeOdd Early "German" "Bayonet" with engraved bladeOdd Early "German" "Bayonet" with engraved blade
    Last edited by CampX; 09-26-2014 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Spelling error again

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Odd Early "German" "Bayonet" with engraved blade
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Dean,

Sorry I can't help much, but by the size of that muzzle ring (broken?), it looks like it could have been for black powder muzzle loading rifle.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Yup the ring is broken, but it looks too small for any Black Powder weapon I have seen, I am assuming you are referring to a Muzzle loader?

Dean O

MAP
    ?

yes, Muzzle loader. I couldn't judge from these pick so maybe I was off, but the ring looked larger than what would be required for a standard/modern cartridge 30 Cal muzzle.

While I don't have it here in my office to measure, I would estimate the diameter of my 50 Cal muzzle loader to be maybe 1 1/2 inches.

Just a thought!

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Well the standard sizes for Military Muzzle loaders was around .58 and up to .75 or larger, depending on the period, there is no way this would have fit anything lose to that.
    With the remains of the ring I have to work with, the inside Dia is under an inch..maybe as small as 3/4 of an inch.

Dean O

MAP
    ?

Quote by CampX View Post
    Well the standard sizes for Military Muzzle loaders was around .58 and up to .75 or larger, depending on the period, there is no way this would have fit anything lose to that.
    With the remains of the ring I have to work with, the inside Dia is under an inch..maybe as small as 3/4 of an inch.

Dean O
    Well then I am of no help

But I get an "A+" for participation!

?

What you have is a Prussian model 1871 "walking out" bayonet. A very fragile bayonet( as it was a "decoration" only) that came in a few different configurations with many styles of etch. They are fairly common, so don't have the value they deserve. The damage will hurt the value a lot.

Jim

?

100% My Friend!!!!
    Here are some US Civil War Bullets I dug up as well as others.

Dean O
    Canada

Odd Early "German" "Bayonet" with engraved bladeOdd Early "German" "Bayonet" with engraved bladeOdd Early "German" "Bayonet" with engraved bladeOdd Early "German" "Bayonet" with engraved blade

?

Jim P. Thank you for that!!! I do love the engraving and might keep it, however as the blade is dark and the barrel ring broken, I am not sure, if they are common maybe I can find a better one..however until I do, I think I may keep this one

Thank you so Much Again!!!

Dean O
    Canada

MAP
    ?

Quote by CampX View Post
    100% My Friend!!!!
    Here are some US Civil War Bullets I dug up as well as others.

Dean O
    Canada
    Now imagine a 58 cal lead minnie ball hitting someone. Never a good outcome....

M

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast