Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Officers Spiked Helmet

Article about: Have a question , what do the colors on the officers pickle helmet visors indicate - this is the red and green on the spiked helmet visors(front&back)on the underside.??? Thanks for any

?

Default Officers Spiked Helmet

Have a question , what do the colors on the officers pickle helmet visors indicate - this is the red and green on the spiked helmet visors(front&back)on the underside.???
    Thanks for any info

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Officers Spiked Helmet
    P
    Many

?

So they can tell the front from the back? They don't really mean any thing, it is just the way the custom made helmets were finished.

Quote by Horst View Post
    Have a question , what do the colors on the officers pickle helmet visors indicate - this is the red and green on the spiked helmet visors(front&back)on the underside.???
    Thanks for any info

Horst
    Hello Horst,
    I am not sure what red means but I am pretty sure that green is for a full officer.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Hello Horst,
    I am not sure what red means but I am pretty sure that green is for a full officer.
    Ralph.
    Ralph - Thanks, always wondered about this
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

According to my reference book - 'The German Army In The First World War', by Jürgen Kraus, to quote directly from the book... "Usually, the visor was lined with dark- green, and the back peak with red, in order to avoid confusion when putting the helmet on." This book is generally accepted as being the bible on German WW1 uniforms & equipment.

Cheers,
    Steve.