Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions needed about this EKI's carton!!!!

Article about: I have recently purchased a WWI EKI in box and in it's carton. I'll post pics below. Has anyone seen this type of carton before? I have only seen some other cartons usually with a white labe

Exclamation Opinions needed about this EKI's carton!!!!

I have recently purchased a WWI EKI in box and in it's carton. I'll post pics below. Has anyone seen this type of carton before? I have only seen some other cartons usually with a white label in front. Any opinions?
    Attached Images Attached Images Opinions needed about this EKI's carton!!!!  Opinions needed about this EKI's carton!!!!  Opinions needed about this EKI's carton!!!!  Opinions needed about this EKI's carton!!!!  Opinions needed about this EKI's carton!!!!  Opinions needed about this EKI's carton!!!! 
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions needed about this EKI's carton!!!!
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Opinions needed about this EKI's carton!!!!

Welcome donkihotis7. I think you have a nice KO Cross and case! I believe your case is an early period type as are much of the ones I see with theyre outer carton for some reason. As for your carton I think its good but not an expert. Its always a judgement call after making comparisons with more than one known origional. You can see where the label use to be on the top. Im sure not alot of these cartons survived over time but I think enough vets took care of there crosses that enough of these survived without being too hard to find. One of my examples is posted on page 45 of the Imperial EK thread. I have 2 more I have not yet posted. One of mine is suspect. Does the carton smell old? Maybe even like old tobbaco? Just a thought. Hope this helps. I will measure all mine. Im still researching them. When I get time tommorrow I will post them on the Imperial EK thread.

Lee

Like Lee, I am no expert on cartons however the cross and case look good.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

nice cross and case combo,,,thumbs up!

Quote by militarymania View Post
    nice cross and case combo,,,thumbs up!
    Thanks, glad you like it mate

Quote by leej11 View Post
    Welcome donkihotis7. I think you have a nice KO Cross and case! I believe your case is an early period type as are much of the ones I see with theyre outer carton for some reason. As for your carton I think its good but not an expert. Its always a judgement call after making comparisons with more than one known origional. You can see where the label use to be on the top. Im sure not alot of these cartons survived over time but I think enough vets took care of there crosses that enough of these survived without being too hard to find. One of my examples is posted on page 45 of the Imperial EK thread. I have 2 more I have not yet posted. One of mine is suspect. Does the carton smell old? Maybe even like old tobbaco? Just a thought. Hope this helps. I will measure all mine. Im still researching them. When I get time tommorrow I will post them on the Imperial EK thread.

Lee
    Hi Leej the carton has that distinctive smell that old stuff have. All my medal cases have this smell, my WWII Japanese flag has it too and all my WWII documents have it. This carton's smell has it a bit less intense though. The red stamp has the inscription '' KGL. PREUSS. GENBALDRDENSKO ''. I'm not sure about the underlined letters though as they are on the edge of the carton and i can't make them out for sure. I hope we find an expert on cartons in the forum to get a feedback about this Can you give the link to your examples in order to take a look?