Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Out of the woodwork Pickelhaube !

Article about: by oradour Thanks lads ! I could not believe it, although I must admit, until it was delivered I was on tenterhooks, thinking it was a scam of some sort.....it just seemed to good to be true

Default Out of the woodwork Pickelhaube !

Gentlemen, while listing a spare belt set on E-Bay the other night, I came across a newly added item, I was the first to view, at a "Buy it now" price of £85...yes, £85 ! I pressed the buy button....I did not know if it had an interior, but at that price I would take a chance, it would be fine on mannaquin if it did not...it arrived this morning, bargain of the decade, complete except for one missing cockade, left leg on eagle wappen missing and a buckle on the original chinstrap gone ! other that that a 100% original out of the woodwork, unrestored haube...seller stated WW1 vet bring back, a relative of the seller.....I usually sympathetically restore, clean replace missing parts etc...but I think this one needs to be left as is. It is superbly Regimently marked on the rear visor...to J.R.160, "9. Rheinisches Infanterie-Regt. Nr.160 (Bonn; I Bn Diez, III Bn Euskirchen) of VIII Armee Korps" this Regiment formed in 1897, invaded Luxembourg in 1914, entering France and participated in the battle of the Marne...later involved in the Somme battles July thro November 1916, probably where this helmet was a battlefield pick-up. Other markings show issue in both 1903 and 1904, with a garniture mark (condition mark) of II (good)...I show along side a cleaned up examples of an M1895 Pickelhaube, and an Officers haube.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Out of the woodwork Pickelhaube !   Out of the woodwork Pickelhaube !  

Out of the woodwork Pickelhaube !   Out of the woodwork Pickelhaube !  

Out of the woodwork Pickelhaube !   Out of the woodwork Pickelhaube !  

Out of the woodwork Pickelhaube !  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Out of the woodwork Pickelhaube !
    P
    Many

Default Re: Out of the woodwork Pickelhaube !

Very nice!

Regards

Very nice Steve and has got to be a bargain at that price. Leaving it as is seems a good plan IMO, showing it's history.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Bond View Post
    Very nice Steve and has got to be a bargain at that price. Leaving it as is seems a good plan IMO, showing it's history.
    Thanks Jerry and Ingrid....I feel that by cleaning, it would loose that history to some extent....It will stay as it is !
    Prost ! Steve.

you jammy bugger

?

Man! Nice catch Steve! I bet that's a good feeling!

Congrats on an excellent buy, Steve. You must be over the moon with this one.
    Tom

Quote by StuG III View Post
    Congrats on an excellent buy, Steve. You must be over the moon with this one.
    Tom
    Thanks lads ! I could not believe it, although I must admit, until it was delivered I was on tenderhooks, thinking it was a scam of some sort.....it just seemed to good to be true !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Last edited by oradour; 02-17-2012 at 09:21 PM.

?

What a great find!

Adler

?

In the words of Victor Meldrew " I DONT BELIEVE IT"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast