Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Outstanding local find

Article about: Hello This is fantastic local find. A good friend of myne has found them and is selling them to me. I might buy a couple of them. Give me your opinions on them, i would like to ear them. Ann

Did you find out much about the colonial helmet?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Anon View Post
    Did you find out much about the colonial helmet?
    Jerry, all he told me, these were all found in local abandoned garage.
    More than that, would mere speculation.
    Along, were these as well.
    Robert Lubstein Vulkan fiber helmet and a feldmutze
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fotografia0016.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	188.3 KB 
ID:	760514   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fotografia0018.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	204.2 KB 
ID:	760513  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fotografia0014.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	211.6 KB 
ID:	760515   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fotografia0012.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	221.2 KB 
ID:	760516  

Thanks Nuno. I have an identical looking sun helmet with British movie prop markings on it, though they often used real helmets just marked them to stop the extras from stealing them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fs 3.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	203.4 KB 
ID:	760540   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fs 6.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	232.1 KB 
ID:	760542  

Regards,

Jerry

?

I think the Garde helmet and the WW1 camo are not period painted, from the photos provided. The Garde shield is far bigger and "cleaner" than anything I have seen before, and the camo looks pristine with a lack of patination compared to the interior, for what its worth.
    Cheers
    Doug

Body armor is German I believe a collector friend has one just like it and he specializes in WW1. timothy

I'd need more photos of the cap, but from the ones shown I'm a bit suspicious of it's originality. Better photos will tell.

I don't think I would chance the camo helmet. The paint application seems extremely thin - and it appears to be artificially aged. Although the helmet may look different again when in hand. The decal on the Garde helmet looks decidedly odd the way it has been applied. Not that it can mean that much, but one of the rivets is a much darker grey than the rest of the helmet.
    Author of... 'Belfast Diaries: A Gunner In Northern Ireland'... 'A Tough Nut To Crack: Andersonstown.. Voices From 9 Battery Royal Artillery In Northern Ireland'... 'An Accrington Pal: The Diaries of Pte Jack Smallshaw, September 1914 To March 1919'.

Not a fan of the crusher, looks wrong to my untrained eyes. Perhaps this hoard your friend found was not quite the goldmine after all.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

on the M'17 camo - the colors are not the normal one suggested by the order covering the painting of the helmets. Although I have seen documented originals painted outside the norm.

ON the sun helmet - I don't know why it would be stamped for the 10th Army Corp. This corp served on the western front.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12