Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Painted relic or beautiful original? M16 camo

Article about: Hey guys, I want to buy this beautiful looking M16 camo helmet, because I do not have an M16 helmet in my collection yet and I really want to add one to it. But is it original? The shell is

Default Painted relic or beautiful original? M16 camo

Hey guys,

I want to buy this beautiful looking M16 camo helmet, because I do not have an M16 helmet in my collection yet and I really want to add one to it.
    But is it original? The shell is definitely original I think, but I do not know enough about paint to see whether or not it is from WW1 or not.
    Also, the rivet in the back is the same as the two at the front, and it isn't supposed to be that way (as you guys probably already know) or did they sometimes do this in the field as a replacement? The leather looks original though.

Is it all original? And how much do you guys think it is worth? Many thanks in advance!

Painted relic or beautiful original? M16 camoPainted relic or beautiful original? M16 camoPainted relic or beautiful original? M16 camoPainted relic or beautiful original? M16 camoPainted relic or beautiful original? M16 camoPainted relic or beautiful original? M16 camo

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Painted relic or beautiful original? M16 camo
    P
    Many

Too much sun off those photos to see well, but I would say a post WW1 restoration of some sort.

Looks like an original shell and the interior paint looks close to a shade of the correct Feldgrau.

As Anderson has said there is too much glare on the helmet - this means that it is hard to determine if there are any other colours (as stipulated) other than the Feldgrau and dividing lines.

I would suggest asking for better photos.

Liner looks OK but is not sitting correctly (too low) hence giving the interior of the shell an odd shape.

With regards to the rear pin - yes, this should be the raised type however I have seen an original example where the two front pins were replaced with rear ones in the field

You could ask for better photos but personally I'd pass on this lid.

It looks like it has had a repaint at some point, the overpaint on the riemen lugs on the inside and the lack of fittings makes me think this. the photos are a bit too bright to see any detail of the outside.

Thank you all for your responses, I will ask the seller for better pics.
    Last edited by ShapedSteel; 05-17-2019 at 07:31 PM.

Hello everyone,
    I got some more pictures, I hope that these can help you.
    I hope that it's all original, because I do want to buy it.

Many thanks in advance.

Painted relic or beautiful original? M16 camoPainted relic or beautiful original? M16 camoPainted relic or beautiful original? M16 camoPainted relic or beautiful original? M16 camoPainted relic or beautiful original? M16 camo

If the price is right for you then I think it is ok, although the camouflage only appears to be the broken black tortoise effect on the green. But it looks original to me.

Thank you for you response!
    I hope that the others also think it is original.

If the has a high chance of being done post war then I'm not going to buy it.

By the way, is it true that they also sometimes painted the inside? The inside definitely also appears to be painted.

The inside and out both seem correctly painted to me, I think its a good helmet.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast