Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Paul König Signature; original or facsimile?

Article about: I bet if you ask him nicely to turn the page over in his "grandads" album he will find a nice M35 DOUBLE DECAL SS HELMET stuffed in between the pages for you!! What an absolute A**

Default Paul König Signature; original or facsimile?

I am considering buying this postcard that bears Paul König's signature. The problem is, I can't tell if it's actually an original signature, or a facsimile that the card publisher added to the card to increase sales. This is the postcard for sale:

I was hoping to find another just like it or an identical postcard sans signature, which I did. here it is:
    I was hoping to be able to match the catalog number found in the lower left corner of the postcards. Unfortunately, the quality of the image for this postcard is so poor, that the catalog number is unreadable. My reasoning is, if the catalog numbers are identical, then the signed postcard probably is an original signature. But if the catalog numbers are different, that would tell me that there were two separate runs published--one with and one without a signature. In which case the one offerred for sale is a facsimile.

The catalog number on the postcard for sale is 5027. If anyone has one of these postcards, please post it here and provide the catalog number from the lower left corner. Thanks. dwight

Default Re: Paul König Signature; original or facsimile?

OK, I was able to locate an identical postcard without the signature. The correct catalog number is 5627 and both the unsigned and signed cards have that number. That isn't conclusive proof that the signature is an original, but it's a step in the right direction. I'm waiting now to hear from the seller regarding some questions I asked about the card. If the signature proves to be an original and not a facsimile, what would be a fair price? Dwight

Is that the same postcard?

Luke

Dwight,
    I think that those postcards are one and the same. If you look at the bend in his arm you can see the same mark. Of course that maybe could of been in the printing. And if that's the case, I would think that would make it a facsimile. What do you think?

Luke

Luke: I am sure you are right. I don't know anything about the seller I'm dealing with except that you said he is a new member. In his email to me he said that he had contacted several collectors about buying the card, but he said nothing about Ebay. Either it's the same card or it's a coincidence, which, if the latter, smells fishy to me. Thanks for the info. Dwight

Dwight: It's the same card. I went through Ebay feedback and found a name. Give me a minute and I'll go find it again.

Luke

Luke: Thanks for the solid information. Here is what Luke came up with. The signed postcard that sold on Ebay for $40 is apparently the same postcard that a seller identified as weissundblau is--or was--trying to sell to me. in an email I received today (6 December) he wrote. "I enclose a scan of the postcard. It is 100% genuine and originally signed. I found it tucked in one of my granddad's albums." If that's true, which I doubt, then the Ebay card is his second, identical signed card and both are facsimiles. On the other hand, if the one that sold on Ebay is the one he alledgedly found "tucked in his grandad's album," I have to say that his grandad's almbum was sure in a funny place. My advice is, is that if you get an offer from weissunfblau, run! Dwight

The guy who tried to sell me the card also uses the moniker, lohengrin. Dwight

"lohengrin" was a member of the forum with 0 posts. Now banned. I cannot abide liars.

Cheers, Ade
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast